Thread: Outlook 2010 Social Connector NOT working (not Beta, final version)

Outlook 2010 Social Connector NOT working (not Beta, final version)

I am using office 2010 and windows 7 to the system which I am using. I am using MS exchange online service to the system. I have downloaded the linkedin addon and installed it in the system. But I am getting the green "plus" sign on the screen. Also I am getting an addon folder showing in the contact folder. But the displayed folders in the particular folders are empty. I am confused what is happening there I am confused anybody can help me. Thanks on advance.

Re: Outlook 2010 Social Connector NOT working (not Beta, final version)

I think this is an issue related to the improper installation of the outlook. I will suggest you to check the installation of the software. Also check the following points which I am describing below.
    • View ribbon
    • Check the people pane button
    • Also confirm the account settings. weather you are using the correct account or not.

Before coming to solving your problem I need to know the following things from you please give me the proper answers so that I can solve your issue.
    • Which version of office you are using 32 or 64 bit?
    • What is the error message you are getting?

There are some issues in the 64 bit version of office 2010. Many of the outlook users are getting problems with outlook related to addins.

I am using windows 7 64bit in which I am using office 2010 trial version which is 32bit.When I run the LinkedIn Social Connector mechanism file, it opens a dialog middle throughout and says I could do with to install the Outlook Social Connector. When I attempt to run that file (osc.msi). I find a mistake saying with the purpose of the Outlook Social Connector requires Outlook 2003 or 2007. Where am I going wrong here? Please can you suggest me.

I was having the same matter, although I was successively using 64-bit versions for together Windows 7 Ultimate & Office 2010 Pro Plus. For the period of the install of the "LinkedIn" Social Connector, it interrupts with the punctual "Please click OK to install the Microsoft Outlook Social Connector ahead of enduring. This mechanism step is mandatory to allow the LinkedIn Outlook Connector". Later than clicking "OK", a File Download appears and I choose "Run" to fix "OutlookSocialConnector-x86-en-us.exe" from download.microsoft.com, and the mistake shows up stating "Installation of Microsoft Outlook Social Connector need Microsoft Office Outlook version 2003 or Microsoft Office Outlook version 2007."