Thread: Outlook 2010 journal entries problem

Outlook 2010 journal entries problem

I have recently downloaded and installed the Microsoft office 2010 on the Windows 7 operating system but when i opened the outlook journal in software section the journal entries are available through Journal and are associated with the correct contact but do not show up when selecting Activities under a contact.So, what is the problem with these issue and how can i overcome these issue.

Re: Outlook 2010 journal entries problem

If you are not able to locate the journal entries in the outlook 2010 then there are previous Microsoft office package still on the system installed. These previous application reflect with the new installation so first you need to uninstall all the applications reflected to the Microsoft office in the control Panel. From where you have to remove all the software's in the Add or remove folder and delete them and then try to access the outlook journal.

If you want to access the outlook 2010 and want to use the journal features then you need to go to the outlook section and in the options click Notes and the Journal to select it. After that select the Journal options and get all the contacts and the activities there. If then too you don’t find the journal option then there is a problem in the outlook and then you have to install the outlook again to resolve your problem.

A PST file is a private folder file in Microsoft Outlook, In Outlook, and the storage space boundary for a solitary user's .PST file is 2 GB. PST stands for personal storage. The PST files many times get corrupted and due to which the problem occurred to you in the outlook 2010. So, you need to repair and reinstall the outlook and the PST files from the Microsoft website to overcome these issue, the repair of the files will solve your trouble.

I have understand the concept of the PST files but the problem with that is i don't know the procedure for that. The PST files repair option is available where and how i can repair it, so please provide me some solution to repair the PST files in the Outlook any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to overcome the problem.

To repair the PST files you have to follow the following steps in a proper manner;
    • First you need to way out Outlook if it is running.

• Double-click Scanpst.exe, situated at drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14.

• In the go into the name of the file you desire to check box, enter the name of the .pst file that you desire to make sure, or click look through to look for for the file.

• To identify the examiner log options, click Options, and then clack the option that you desire.

• Click Start to select the process.

• If errors are originated after the check is complete, you will be encouraged to start the repair procedure to fix the errors.

• A backup file is shaped during the fix process. To alter the default name or location of this endorsement file, in the Enter name of backup file box, go into a new name, or click look through to look for the file that you desire to use.

• Click fix/Repair.

• Create Outlook by using the profile that contains the .pst file that you tried to patch up.

• On the Go menu, click Folder List to complete the process.