Thread: Email attachments in the PPT browsing does not work

Email attachments in the PPT browsing does not work

I have Office Small Business 2010 and often open up the browser-mails via Firefox. The Annexes to this mail (as Word or PowerPoint documents) can be personalized with Office programs do not open even though they are of type doc ppt etc. Word, Power Point etc are used as opening programs offered the first place. Also on the program can assign default file type program made an assignment is not because Word Excel Powerpoint not available in the selection. Since, I was not able to solve this problem I thought that you members will try to help me out.

Re: Email attachments in the PPT browsing does not work

Have you installed the Office click and variant? Install Microsoft Office you use the full product, should vote after the file associations. I think that installing updates from the Microsoft site will resolve your problem. So before you try anything, update your application. Also you should take care that you are downloading the updates from proper site. If your problem is not solved then feel free to post here.

I have already done that. Now I am trying to do some new things.
    1. Office 2010 complete Microsoft Office 2010 suites Fix it with 50 450
    2. After downloaded the full product installation, as indicated above
    Then, the functionality was complete! However, there was this weekend (automatic) update from Microsoft. Since then I have the original state. Am I missing something more?

Word, Power Point etc are used as opening programs offered the first place. Also on the program can assign default file type of program is not an assignment made as Word Excel Power Point are not available in the selection
    If you have installed the full product now, you'll see the applications in the following directory: C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office \ Office14 \ Look at one now. Doc file, click the right mouse button with and select Properties. Under "Open With", click on Browse and select the installation path to winword.exe. The whole thing do you do for .ppt / .pptx for powerpnt.exe and .xls / .xlsx for excel.exe. This does not work, please try your action under a different Windows user account to test.

As described above, I had installed 3 weeks ago, the full product. The functionality was complete and I could not open the Christians are practicing accordingly. This weekend has been running a Microsoft Office Update. This is the functionality (probably) been lost. Now I could try the full product to install again. But what if a new Microsoft Update runs in some time? Then there is the risk that restate the files from C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office \ Office14 \ removed again. Additional question: If, prior to installing the full version, the click-and-Los version should be uninstalled? Hoping that you will continue to answer.