Thread: Photodraw V2 is unable to show the previews or open picture files

Photodraw V2 is unable to show the previews or open picture files

I have just purchased a new laptop and having the windows vista as an operating system. And after that I have installed all the necessary software and the graphics program but here I am very much disappointed because of it is not able to open any of the pictures which is of any format. Whatever the photos I have in that the majority of the pictures are in the .jpeg format. When I try to open that it shows that the “preview unavailable”. So please tell me how can I fix this issue?

Re: Photodraw V2 is unable to show the previews or open picture files

So you are not able to open any of your pictures so regarding this you just do one thing. Actually there is software that is Picasa which is free editing software which is provided by the Google. And the other one is IrfanView. I have also faced this issue the reason behind this is Microsoft Photodraw V2 is not compatible with the windows vista operating system and this issue is about 10 years old.

Here I am also agree with him. Photodraw is old and it is really not compatible with the windows vista operating system. But I just want to tell you my opinion that I really like the Microsoft photodraw software that is I have changed my operating system and I have installed the windows XP. So if you want then you also replace this operating system. Actually there is a lots of issue which is related to the windows vista operating system.

Yes I am familiar with this issue because currently I am facing it. I have tried the other software that is Picasa and the IrfanView but it is also not going to work in my case. Here I just want to confirm that is there any other solution other than changing the operating system. Because I have so many games and on the other operating system it is not working very properly. But in this I do not have any of the issue related to the gaming so that is why I do not want to change it. If you have any other solution then please tell me to fix my issue.

I am also facing this and regarding this I have not get the correct solution. But today I have got the way around it. In this you just open the required photo in Vista with MS Office Picture Manager and there you just click on the edit picture after that you can compress the pictures and then select documents and then click on ok and save. Now you just open it with the MS Photodraw now you will able to see the image.

I have tried the solution which is given in the last reply and after that I just want to tell you that it fix my issue. And it is really great. But at the time of compress it leaves the lossy file. As an alternative, just resize the photo up to 98% of the original In the Picture Manager and then it will open with no trouble in Photodraw 2000 v2.