Thread: Pagefile with SSD, indexing

Pagefile with SSD, indexing

Hello
    I have a DELL computer with the windows 7 operating system; I make the 4 partition on the hard disk drive. The primary drive is 80 GB SSD. And other 3are for the hard disk storage. The system is configured as the 4GB of DDR2. I have a page which to set the file on the 6GB size, then I called the thumb of 1.5x of the RAM for the size of the page. Am I did correct? Another issue by using what I can make the system faster and smooth?

Re: Pagefile with SSD, indexing

I am sure but by indexing your system you can able to make faster the system. But sometimes while you doing the indexing the system becomes very slow, locate all the folders and the directories. Like you open a file which contains a huge file size, in that case the indexing will pause for a while. In that case the indexing will be in the top of the scan part.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

As per my knowledge the page file of the user should be disabled into the SDD. In the HDD slower transfer rate during the indexing of the system, this might be for the physical RAM of the system with used page file of the operating system. Even though if you turned out the RAM then also SDD should be faster than that. And transfer rate will be faster then. But remember do not index or de-fragment the SDD, it will then not respond like the HDD.

From a performance matter the SDD is totally different, by the following random reads of the hard disk, the better performance will be benefited in the random writes. In that way the SDD is helpful to decrease the performance of the degradation of the SSD. The few SDD are supported by the Windows 7 trim command, which are configured as like Intel G2, Patriot Torqx to reduce the performance in the disk management area.

Disable the page file; otherwise you have some software which is used to refuse the performance without the page file. If you disable the page file then the paging of the operating system will keep in the paging option, instead of HDD dedicated page file of the. It depends on the speed of the HDD. On SDD the speed is very fast, but it does not matter. In this case the benefit is, you can write in the different location on the SDD, instead of writing in the same cell of the SDD.

I think that a window does not allow for writing the data on the SDD, this is only done by the SDD itself. I think that the window having no idea of the physical location about any data, it is moved by the windows controller. The logical block address is only known by the windows, it is the physical NAND location. It spread up all the data over the drive, to ensure in the difference blocked in the HDD. This is not the technically reason for the read and write in the SDD.