Thread: SBS 2003 VPN portforwarding

SBS 2003 VPN portforwarding

Hey All

I configured a VPN connection on my SBS 2003 server. That connection is working fine. However, if I configure some Workstations to use the server as gateway(at the moment they are operating locally) they havent got a internet connection.
    I decided to forward port 80(udp and TCP) inbound and outbound, from and to any destination.
    This wont work.
    If i apply the in/outbound rule: any protocol, to any destination, inbound and outbound, the internetconnection is working.

I thought that i only need to forward port 80? What am I doing wrong?

Thanx in advance!

Tom

Re: SBS 2003 VPN portforwarding

It would have been helpful if you told us once what would be the VPN protocol you use, and above all because WHAT is Port Forwarding registered in? Advance can you say the same but have a port forwarding on port translation with the traditional VPN protocols like IPSec and PPTP or L2TP does not work, because these VPN protocols consist of several individual records associated with a singular port translation as it makes you never are covered: The Bottom Line: This is then 100% in the pants ... of course! It can, with only VPN protocols which only use a port such as SSL, OpenVPN, etc. There you can increase client and server on different ports to Forward to multiple VPN connections (servers) on the NAT firewall. Generally a pretty sick VPN approach, because something makes even usually centrally am (VPN) router or with a central VPN server.

Re: SBS 2003 VPN portforwarding

I am sorry for my lack of info provided to you.
    I am trying 3 different protocols:
    PPTP, L2TP,And IKE.

I registered port forwarding in The ADSL router. I forwarded port 1723 and the GRE protocol, to my public interface on my sbs 2003.

They all work, but the internet then is not.

I configured my firewall in SBS 2003 routing and remote access as following:
    Inbound filters:
    source address: ANY, Destination address: 192.168.0.15(public interface) Protocol: TCP and 47, port 1723.

Outbound filters:
    source address 192.168.0.15, destination address: ANY. Protocol: TCP, and 47, port 1723.

When i Apply these rules, the VPN is working fine. Only the internet is not working.
    Thats why i decided to forward port 80. But, this didnt help....
    I hope I provided enough information?

Regards,

Tom