Thread: Does Live meeting need active directory sync

Does Live meeting need active directory sync

I am running 64 bit Windows 7 operating system on my computer and i have installed Live Meeting on this machine. I would like to know that is it possible to use only live meetings without any synchronizing with an Active Directory and setting up online e-mail access? I mean what is the need to sync active directory in order to use live meeting?

Re: Does Live meeting need active directory sync

I have one thing in my mind that if i am not wrong then SBS systems are not made for DirSync tool as it is not able to run on a domain controller. If the users who all are inviting you for meeting a part of their assigned license then they would be able to open the link by clicking on the link in the sign-in tool.

Microsoft Shared View is not a tool that will revolutionize the computer world, but can be handy in some cases, whether you are among friends or colleagues. This is primarily a tool for sharing. This tool, which can be downloaded for free in beta, weighs only 3 MB, it interfaces with Windows Live Messenger and Live ID using the accounts.We can then create its own session by inviting contacts Shared View draws directly from the list of connected Live Messenger, or join a session already established a contact, in which case it simply says its Live ID.

I have used Microsoft Shared View and i guess it solves this problem. Actually even i was searching for the conferencing solution and i have just came across this thread. I just tried using this Microsoft Shared View and it worked for me. I suggest you to use the same thing but i won't be recommending you to use the same thing if you want to do a videoconferencing as it is not allowed.