Thread: How does Live Meeting know the OCS Server to connect with

How does Live Meeting know the OCS Server to connect with

I have an OCS Standard 2007 in my root domain and Live Meeting 2007 has been installed for client. All the users are getting Live Meeting but not all of them are getting Communicator (3.5). I am not using an Auto Discovery means LM is installed (but not configured) and Communicator is not. When i start LM from the fresh new install then it automatically grabs the nearest OCS server when i click on an Advanced from the on the user which does not have an OCS account. Can anybody tell me that how can LM finds an OCS server?

Re: How does Live Meeting know the OCS Server to connect with

OCS 2007 is now based on three major blocks.
    • Presence and Instant Messaging : Users can now take advantage of presence capabilities integrated into the Office suite to accelerate and enhance trade in the company and with external partners. The Office Communicator 2007 client can now manage their own contacts or use the mailing lists that already exist to facilitate the visibility of people.
    • Conference Audio / Video / Data : With Live Meeting 2007 console, anyone can hold an audio conference and / or video for immediate exchange between all participants, regardless of where they are located. Document sharing is a great way for everyone to participate in testing or development of a document team by example.
    • IP Telephony : OCS 2007 provides an interconnection with the telephone company to set up different scenarios depending on the needs of VoIP users. USB devices or IP will respond to different situations in the business.

It has been several times that we wonder if there is a page that lists all the updates for Office Communications Server? Come the product team seems to have a little trouble doing so I'm starting with the information I have at my disposal.
    1. One of the updates from December 2008 Communicator client is required to ensure compatibility with OCS 2007 R2!
    2. One of the updates from December 2008 of the Live Meeting add-on is required to schedule meetings using all the features of the MCU for OCS 2007 R2.

Microsoft launched its new version of OCS. More mature and advanced than its previous version. The official date for the new-born is February 3, 2009. His code name is Office Communications Server 2007 R2 but with the suffix and more. The features of this product are similar to the previous version but this time, Microsoft adds an essential building block. Integration with telephony is that the version 2007 R2 is a global product containing all means of communication of 21 th century. Technologies such as telephony, management of your messaging and managing your conference are collected on a single platform.

This system is very popular among users trade you make are automatically archived. Unlike OCS 2007, when the session ended, the IM user lost all trace. With OCS 2007 R2, the user may at any time to read what has been said before. In broad terms, I associate this new feature to a forum smart. The features are:
    1. Creating a new thread (create a chat room)
    2. Join a discussion and post a message. This message can be a link to a website
    3. Restrict user access to a discussion and send an email to the administrator when a user gives him access to a discussion
    4. View this discussion that a user participates
    5. Customize the display of the discussion
    6. Check the contents of the discussions.