Thread: SharePoint and PowerPoint compatibility problem

SharePoint and PowerPoint compatibility problem

I am using Windows Vista operating system on my machine and it has a SharePoint Online installed on it. When i am trying to upload files to it then it says that it requires PowePoint Professional before i do it. I am having an Office Business so do i have to upgrade the whole office package to make SharePoint working on my system?

Re: SharePoint and PowerPoint compatibility problem

I think this would be an incompatibility issue due to which you are not able to use SharePoint properly. I am having Sharepoint at my home and it works better anything with an Office 2007. I have gone through the documentation and have found that the it needs either Pro Plus, Enterprise, or Ultimate edition of Microsoft Office but have noticed too that it works only with the Professional Plus or Enterprise edition.

According to me there is nothing wrong with the SharePoint so you should not try changing anything on this software in order to solve this issue. You may try upgrading your Powerpoint only which would be enough to run your Sharepoint properly then you may continue your office upgradation. And it is recommended always to keep on upgrading the softwares as well as operating system.

Here i have provided some key things which you should get informed about the sharepoint slide libraries before you start using it.
    1. It needs a Microsoft Office 2007 Professional PLUS, enterprise or ultimate
    to have full functionality.
    2. If you have an above mentioned version of an Office then you can publish a full presentation to make it automatically uploading into different items in
    the library per slide.
    3. You can even make a slide show from the library which has been associated with the SharePoint site and can be updated to reflect changes made on the slide library.

If you want to Embed PowerPoint slidedeck into SharePoint page then you have to open a PowerPoint File and then Save As -> Other Formats -> Save where you have to select for the Single File Web Page. Now Upload the .mht file to a document library. Now click on an Add a Page Viewer WebPart to a Page. Point the Page Viewer WebPart URL to the .mht file of that doc lib

The EMC Solutions for Microsoft Office System and SharePoint to help you build and manage your Microsoft Office and SharePoint deployments. They provide a proven infrastructure for managing enterprise content to your desktop applications Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office. Users access to a platform of unique content that meets the needs of your company in terms of business processes, compliance and archiving.

• Seamless integration with Microsoft Office: access to services EMC Documentum, including navigation, searching, retrieval and logging, and workflow, directly from your desktop applications Microsoft Office, Outlook and SharePoint.
    • Risks to compliance: avoid prosecution audit by capturing and classifying content automatically records and documents in Microsoft Office applications.
    • Storage Efficiency: Reduce storage costs by migrating older or infrequently accessed content from primary storage systems to a more economical storage space.