Thread: Video Streaming in Sharepoint Online

Video Streaming in Sharepoint Online

I have installed Windows XP on my system and i am using SharePoint on this machine. Can anybody tell me that how can i setup a sharepoint page/site for video steaming. I have embedded some WMV files but i takes very much time to start play. Please help me!!! Video streaming is becoming like work for me instead of an entertainment.

Re: Video Streaming in Sharepoint Online

Right from the outset the title is a misnomer, because SharePoint is not a tool for streaming video. So my goal here is to describe the systems and tools in place to achieve a display streaming video within a page SharePoint Foundation 2010. First of all how to have a video stream online? For my part I used IIS Media Services 4.0 beta 1 which is the successor of Media Services IIS 3.0.

IIS Media Services is an extension for IIS that allows a driver of demand streaming to provide a broadcast adapts to the configuration (connection, hardware) on the client. It also allows content delivery as High Definition (720p) using the component of Microsoft Silverlight. We will therefore speak here of Smooth Streaming, adaptive streaming. So there is an adapting quality depending on the connection and the resources of the client.

You can also insert links to VBrick streaming video in SharePoint, but the proper command deceit in SharePoint’s ability to insert an full website straight into a Sharepoint site. You can use the “Page Viewer Web Part“ feature to insert the whole VEMS Viewing Portal for viewing all of your live and on-demand video without leaving the SharePoint. You can also just insert a solo player for content specific viewing.

So you can share your audio and video files (audio clips, music files, video, flash) online with your friends or clients you have two ways. Let your visitors listen visionnent or after downloading these files entity or view them in real time (streaming). Streaming audio and video provides excellent quality and clarity of transmission. This requires enormous bandwidth that some hosts do not allow it.

"SharePoint 2010 supports structured and unstructured content and makes it easy to create intranets, extranets and the Internet and insert native streaming videos," indicated Karim Manar, product manager for SharePoint. Now organized as a collection of Web pages, the website created through SharePoint allows any authorized person to make changes on the fly via the functionality of the ribbon interface.

There is a streaming module for IIS7 to be installed is not there by default. By cons I do not know if it is necessary to convert the video to wmv. For this module to coexist with SharePoint I imagine it must be feasible. Just find a good tutorial on aspx and streaming (which I unfortunately did not).