Thread: Front page 2003 and windows 7

Front page 2003 and windows 7

Hello,
    Since my move to Windows 7, I met a big trouble on Frontpage. When I want to create a link, and I browse the site folders (to select the target page), Frontpage stops working and closes. And this every time, but only when I do this. It worked with Vista. Any more help is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Front page 2003 and windows 7

I have this ZIP problem: I would like to Frontpage 2003 Web Pages in ASP run on the new operating system Windows Vista Business can. (Front Page 2003, on my old computer works well with local host!) But now no longer running server-based web! I have all the settings in the Windows features enabled. But without success. Front Page reports in opening a Serverwebs the error message: "The Web server at" localhost "seems to Windows SharePoint Services not to be installed. "I already have the Front Page Server Extensions / IIS7 installed, without success.

The installation of the FrontPage Server Extensions on Vista is obviously. Have you followed these instructions? I myself do not use long local server-based Web sites anymore, but only disk-based. You can still test ASP pages, open your web site below
    "C: \ inetpub \ wwwroot \" just as disk-based Web site is not, as so far with localhost as server-based. In the browser, of course continue the HTTP URL, but the need to display no yes Server Extensions.

What is the difference between disk and server-based Web. Could you explain that. I have so far always with the Local Host work (server-based webs). Could you give me a tip on how the disk-based Websites in "C: \ inetpub \ wwwroot \" to install. I have the ASP-enabled Web sites that never. Thank you!

What happens when you localhost in the browser (IE7) enters? So without that front page is even started. Comes a Error message (which?) Or there comes the help IIS? In what order did you install? I had under XP more often the problem is that it only works if the first IIS installed and then Frontpage. Front Page seems the installation to "remember" that somehow an IIS available is.