Thread: Greasemonkey script to mimic IE embedded media

Greasemonkey script to mimic IE embedded media

I am familiar with regarding the missing plugin tribulations. The Firefox determine to begin rendering the html previous to it has finished downloading it, so it determine to render embedded media as almost immediately as it downloads that part of the code. The script is not practical until the page has loaded, so Firefox determine to render the plugin previous to the script changes it - consequently the missing plugin tribulations. It's an inescapable limitation of doing this method.

Re: Greasemonkey script to mimic IE embedded media

In this you have to install the script, go out into the web, and locate places by means of entrenched audio/video that merely runs in IE, or does not work the similar technique in Firefox. This contain bgsound tags and WMP ActiveX objects. Report back by means of the entire the links you tried, which worked, which did not, and which acted in a different technique in Firefox compared to IE. If you imagine you be familiar with why they did not work, enormous.

The 0.8.6a: Minor bug attach (probably appropriate to regression bug in FF1.5.0.4/BonEcho) when renovate media by means of width/height particular as a percentage.0.8.6 is here, I bypassed 0.8.5. 0.8.5 Had an html-crafted surroundings window, additional than I skipped release and worked on 0.8.6, which added the capability to physically convert a page, as an alternative of it occurring mechanically. It is able to be set to convert mechanically in the alternatives.

I do not be expecting this to run for websites that endeavor to eliminate your browsers WMP competence and tranquil more often than not kick out Firefox in view of the fact that these frequently eliminate that by attempting to generate WMP ActiveX objects. This script immediately converts embedded media previously on the page to a format that Firefox and the WMP plugin understands it would not revolutionize what the website imagine your browser be able to do. In addition, ActiveX objects that utilize parameters that the WMP plugin does not sustain or maintain, that depend on Javascript, are defectively coded, or depend on IE-only code tranquil might not work appropriately.

First it renovate the entire bgsound tags to entrench, adding width="0" height="0" autostart="1" to impersonate bgsound's performance. It determine to eliminate the bgsound tag and attach the embed tag to the end of the document body if it not be able to locate the body it determine to insert it subsequent to bgsound (for a number of reason if bgsound is in the head the embed would not function if inserted there).

Then it gets the entire embed and purpose tags in the document, gets the source file url, eliminates the file conservatory (assuming the whole thing subsequent to the last '.' is the conservatory), and compares it in opposition to a register of file extensions. If it is there, the tag is converted. If it be able to convert based on file extension, it give the impression of being at the specified MIME type and compares that in opposition to another register.

I guess it is significance mentioning that, if I put out of action my midi wav and mp3 plugging (rename Crescendo's npmidi32.dll plugin, de-select Wav and MPEGaudio/MP3audio in Quicktime browser plugin represent settings) sometimes I determine to get the "Additional plugins are essential. Install missing plugins" attentive in Firefox on my resonance test pages, even although the embedded media tranquil plays in WMP.