Thread: How to install an exe file into a flash drive

How to install an exe file into a flash drive

How be able to install an exe file onto a flash drive I have encompassed 4 gb, I desire to run it from there as I am on a public computer and not be able to download it onto there several ideas. I am in addition finding a method to create an ISO image of a bootable CD and create a bootable USB flash drive from it. Can I be able to do that and I need some help here.

Re: How to install an exe file into a flash drive

Unless the exe file is superior than 2gb it be supposed to be probable to immediately save it there. Copy paste from somewhere else. exe files are not installed, they are accomplish. Comprehensive programs of which an exe file is simply a part are installed. Ok if I understand you appropriately you desire to run a program from your flashdrive. Immediately install the program to your flashdrive depending on what program it is it is supposed to work.

I am trying to locate a technique to acquire an ISO image of a bootable CD and generate a bootable USB flash drive from it. Has anybody done this. I have encompassed and originate a number of linux versions or descriptions that comprise an installer to put them on a USB flash drive additional than nothing to take the ISO file unswervingly to the drive and it seems similar to it would be primarily immediately converting the ISO9660 file system to fat file system.

For this illustration I determine to utilize drive D as the image drive, and drive E: as the flash drive. This is the authority you utilize to generate an exact copy of a disk on to an additional volume. xcopy D:\ E: /s/e/f this is able to be used for illustration, to copy the Vista DVD to a properly sized USB flash drive to install the OS from there. I encompass tested this at work a small number of times and it installs in regarding the similar amount of time, additional than without the worry of caring for the DVD (scratches) or having tribulations by means of the lens in the DVD drive reading the data. I am supposed to in addition note on the other hand, that the flash drive I used was not the greatest.

You do not necessitate /s if you encompass /e. Those are equally exclusive. /f immediately shows you the files. On the other hand, if several file has the hidden or system attribute set, you determine to necessitate /h as well. I am immediately not seeing how the on top of command would copy the boot sector. I was wondering, if this would be probable to utilize a hackintosh CD to place on a USB flash memory. I have been digging approximately how to get the USB to be converted into bootable, additional than I have not been capable to copy the entire of the contents of the hackintosh Cd to the USB drive.

What if I create the USB flash drive bootable primary and then copy the image files to it. Determination it run. Determine to I necessitate to edit the boot files. For occurrence, if I create the USB drive bootable by means of DOS, do I necessitate to edit the autoexec and config files. I have tried the xcopy and it does not generate the USB bootable. I am trying to get the USB version or description of the BackTrack 3 Final for my networking class. What be supposed to I do in order to create that USB bootable. In addition, I was wondering if I might utilize an ISO burner to burn it to a Flash Drive.

If your immediately frustrating to get BackTrack to boot from usb flash drive. No substance what the size why not endeavor to copy the BT and Boot directory into your usb flash drive's root and going into the boot register to hit it off the "Bootinst".bat. Subsequent to that your usb be supposed to boot mechanically as extended as you set your bios to boot from your usb. Diminutive uncomplicated and sweet. Why not try unetbootin-windows-248.exe. I locate this program extremely helpful in making dissimilar types of installation "cd`s" on a usb disk Works extremely well by means of the entire iso, img files that I have tried.