Thread: Planning with MS Project 2007

Planning with MS Project 2007

Hi everyone,

I use ms project 2007 at work. I need to set up the program with a target: I enter an activity with an end constraint and I assign a resource with a uniform distribution. I'd like that when I introduce the effective work of this resource in the timesheet, the remaining work will been automatically distribute until the end constraint. Instead it is been shift in the future after the end constraint.
    How I can set up the system?

Sorry for my bad english.
    Thanks in advance.

Matteo

Re: Planning with MS Project 2007

I think that you should know about the how do constraints affect the schedule? When you necessitate controlling the start or finishing date of a task, you can alter the constraint on the task. Flexible constraints (flexible constraint: A constraint that is flexible and does not tie a task to a solitary date. Flexible constraints are As Soon As Possible, As Late As Possible, Finish No Earlier Than, Finish No Later Than, Start No Earlier Than, and Start No Later Than). Work with task dependencies to make a task happen as soon or as late as the task dependency will allow. For instance, a task with an As Soon As Possible (ASAP) constraint and a finish-to-start dependency will be scheduled as soon as the predecessor task terminates. By default, all tasks in a project that is scheduled from the start date have the ASAP constraint applied. Similarly, by default, all tasks in a project that is scheduled from the finish date have the As Late As Possible (ALAP) constraint applied. Constraints with moderate scheduling flexibility will restrict a task from starting or finishing before or after a date you choose. For example, a task with a Start No Earlier Than (SNET) constraint for June 15 and a finish-to-start dependency to another task can begin June 15 if its predecessor is completed by June 15 (or later if its predecessor finishes after June 15), but it can't be scheduled before June 15.