Thread: Error in Project 2010: Resource units problem

Error in Project 2010: Resource units problem

Hi, In earlier versions of Project has the following :
    1. I ask for a task A (Duration: 2 days), the transaction "Fixed Duration" and "power controlled" one.
    2. I would be this process, a working-resource to.
    3. The work for this process is set to 16h.
    4. If I work a second resource (Mr. Miller) would add resources for both the units to 50% - And in the view resource use can be seen that both Resources for the task 4 instead of 8 hours per day allocated were.

This works in Project 2010 no longer. Given that after adding the second resource both resources remains at 100%. But in view of the "resource deployment" is again true for both Resources 4 hours per day displayed for this operation. Is this a bug or is there a new setting, this Recalculation of the resource units activated? Please help me to solve my issue.

Re: Error in Project 2010: Resource units problem

The observed behavior of your new field of "units" is right and not a bug. Microsoft has changed its algorithm or calculation of the field "Units" by popular customer demand. Project up to and including 2007 was the "units" a calculated field, which has always reflected the currently active allocation units of a resource. Did you change the duration or the work, the value in the units was also calculated and over again. This behavior was not always transparent, and also annoying for many users because the original value for the clusters was not evident.

In Project 2010 changes the initial value in the units no longer, as long as he was not edited manually. There are, however, in the views "process use" and "resource use" a new field of "Maximum". The field maximum value again reflects the current actual allocation units against (former = units). So you have to change the project progresses, always the comparison between the original and the current resource allocation.

When I process is off and power control "allocate resources" in a 2010 Project halving the units of a resource (not the initial allocation of resources, but while editing the already allocated), doubled the duration of the operation. My understanding of this behavior is wrong, because with disabled power management, the duration can not be changed, regardless of whether additional resources are allocated or assigned to a resource is only partial.

Power control is only effective when you assign a task more resources. In such a case, the amount of work on the resource according to the percentage allocation would be distributed. The order in which one enters after the resources and confirms changes to "% units" or to "work" makes, Project responds differently.

I have a error message that keep coming up
    switch to or ertry

You need to close all browsers and then download CCcleaner. Install ewido. In the advanced option uncheck the Install background guard and Install scan via context menu

• You need to Launch ewido, double-click it.
    • As it is been done the program will now open to the main screen.
    • When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
    • You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
      1. On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
      2. Then click on Start Update
    • The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed