Thread: Downloading pictures using windows

Downloading pictures using windows

I had upgraded to Windows 7 recently and things work well here. I have a Canon Digital Camera. I had copied my pictures from it on my hard drive and now I use the default image viewer which comes with Windows. This does not provide much feature except viewing and navigating the picture via slide show. I need some help with most recommended and better picture manager software for downloading pictures in Windows.

Re: Downloading pictures using windows

For this try ACDSee Photo Manager. I use this tool and it is much easier to use. Compared to past versions, the interface ACDSee has quiet improved and it has retains its qualities of improving the image management. It provides you a thumbnail view of the all the images at the single place and easy to use also. You can directly import the images from the same.

If you are searching for a professional image manager software then you can go for FastStone Image Viewer. The software uses a theme of which indeed which is really very easy to use. Tiny icons and no zoom setting makes a quiet useless but other features are well. The software is quiet similar to ACDSee. The software does not scan your files automatically picture like Picasa or Windows Live Photo Gallery, which means that you must manually browse your folders to find them.

I am using a online tool called Google Picasa. It has a very pleasant interface to scroll through the photos or zoom, allowing in some click to send a photo by email, publish on its Web Album Picasa or even edit in an external software. It scans all folders containing images and displays them in a tree that contains only those files. At each launch of the software, Picasa scans your disks therefore looking for new photos

I am using ACDSee for a long time and it works mainly on a single method. You get a tree of Windows Explorer. The files on your disk are scanned automatically to find photos and access them more quickly, but navigation is mainly from the files themselves. This method is a bit old but very easy and effective. It is first possible to assign categories to images. By default, four categories are offered but you can create others and assign them to icons.

Picasa is nice to some extent. The software is configured to scan continuously Documents, Images, Videos and office. It is possible for any location in the tree, choose between the systematic analysis. The software automatically detects the connected device and give you option to preview the images or change their direction before importing them in your system.

Try Windows Live Photo Gallery once. It is re-designed to work with Windows 7. Once installed, so it's Windows Live Photo Gallery which will be used to view images when you open them. Windows Live Photo Gallery includes the principle of indexation of Picasa, namely records indexed and monitored continuously. It is possible to add the folders of your choice and it also supports videos.