Thread: While creating new message my screen minimizes to Microsoft Word instead of Outlook tab

While creating new message my screen minimizes to Microsoft Word instead of Outlook tab

Hello,
    My problem is related with the outlook. When i write message in the outlook and want to minimize the messages in Outlook, it gets minimized to Microsoft Word tab on the task bar instead of Outlook. This thing happens irrespective of whether my Word is open or not. I have not made any setting changes in the Microsoft word. What is the problem related with and what is the solution for this problem? Please help me out.

Re: While creating new message my screen minimizes to Microsoft Word instead of Outlook tab

I can solve your problem related with the Microsoft word .But before this i need to know something about your outlook and Word. Which version of outlook and word are you using in your computer? I think that you have outlook being set to default messages to word. Go in the outlook and go to the tools option and check whether the word is set to default or not. If yes then change it.

Re: While creating new message my screen minimizes to Microsoft Word instead of Outlook tab

I forgot to give the configuration. Sorry for that! I am currently running the windows XP operating system on my system and Microsoft office 2003. I have gone through the tools option in the outlook, but it is not so. I make use of Microsoft Office Word 2003 for editing the e-mail messages. Thanks for giving me the reply.

I thought about this problem and i feel that the Microsoft word should pop up when you are editing a message or have a specific message opened on your system. Basically this thing should happen when you are working with a message i.e. if you have either double-clicked the message or you are creating the new message.If further support is needed then give your reply.

I am to having the same problem. My problem is that when i am in the outlook trying to create the new messages, if i want to minimize it for some reason, then the message get stacked up in the Word tab on the task bar .Even my word is not opened up. How will i able to solve this problem, as i do not have any idea related with this issue. There must be some solution for this. Please suggest me the one.

Exactly the same problem with me as well. I have another machine and few co-workers at the work. This machine is not having the issue as they all use Word as default editor. When i minimize it goes to the Outlook tab and Word documents will be in the Word tab on the task bar. I am pulling my hairs off in getting the issue solved on my system. Is there any solution for this?

According to me you problem is bit complicated one. I thought on this problem for a long period of time but was not able to find the solution for this. I will advise you to contact you to the Microsoft people or you should remove the office and reinstalled it on your PC. You try out the second solution, if it does not work then you must contact with known person having knowledge about the office.