Thread: Unable to boot my sony laptop from CD

Unable to boot my sony laptop from CD

Hi,
    I have a Sony laptop and windows Xp installed on it. I want to install Windows 7, but i am not able to boot from the CD ROM. I am not able to solve this problem. I want some help on this issue. The one who is having the knowledge regarding this topic please me out. It is very urgent for me to change my system from XP to Windows 7. So please give me an instant reply.

Re: Unable to boot my sony laptop from CD

Follow this instructions out it will help you in getting your issue done. You need to go into the bios setup. Insert the CD and restart your system and keep pressing the F8 key for and you will be taken to the BIOS setup. Now in the setup make your CD ROM as the first booting device and after doing this setting in the BIOS it will automatically boot form CD.

Thanks for giving me the instant reply. I tried your solution of going into the BIOS setup and make my CD ROM as the first boot device, but it is not helping me in solving my issue. I do not understand what to do as of now. Is there any problem in my CD Rom? Do anyone is having some other solution for solving this problem. Please help.

I have a solution which is given by my brother. I was having a USB keyboard. I have changed it to play-station two. It will depend upon you computer whether it is compatible to the USB2 keyboards available now-a-days. By using the play-station 2 my problem is solved. You to try using the play-station 2 keyboard. It might help in solving your problem.

I am having the laptop for doing my work. My DVD ROM is fine and good in condition. I have checked to solve this problem by going to the run and typing the command cmd the CD drive is showing with window CD, but still my system is not booting from CD. Will i be able to format my laptop from the CD? Please tell me the method to do this.

I to was facing the same problem, i have tried out doing everything. It can be done by load the 'boot disks' for windows XP into the machine by a USB floppy, now the CD started loading the XP and i was able to boot my stem from the CD. You also try this out as it may help you. If you want the further support on this topic then you need to reply me back.

I have gone from the similar problem. I think that it is to do with the hal.dll file. Also, none of the DVD mounting software will be able to install properly. I am sure that the problems are related with each other. You try to make use of an external DVD drive. Hope this solution will help you in solving your issue out. If not then give your reply back.