Thread: Share Outlook on my office network

Share Outlook on my office network

Hi, hope someone can help.

I have an office with 3 computers. My company has 5 email accounts which currently i have all diverted to gmail. From gmail it means that from all 3 pc's we can see the emails, if anyone has opened one, replied to it etc and know exactly whats gone on.

Gmail i am finding is not to my liking and the notifier is really slowing the pc's down. I really like using outlook or outlook express but if i divert all the emails to outlook on pc1, pc2 & pc3 wont know if the emails have been read, replied to etc as it would be done on pc1.

What i want to do is get rid of gmail, divert all my emails into outlook or outlook express on a pc, but be able access outlook on that pc from the other 2 pcs from the office network. So if another pc then opens/replies etc the other 2 pcs know its been done. Hope this makes sense.

Can this be done, please help........

Cheers guys

Re: Share Outlook on my office network

You can try to use the same Outlook client configuration on the other 2 computers. Just make sure to enable the option to "leave messages on the server". You may want to try using a third-party syncronization tool like "Network Unplugged" or "No-Hands Backup. These tools allow you to keep files snycronized between two systems, though you need to keep in mind that most mailbox files (especially Outlook .PST...default file name for the main Personal strorage file is "outlook.pst") files cannot be modified while Outlook is open, since Outlook has the file locked for use.