Thread: 1.0rc4 Disabling Media player hotkey integration?

1.0rc4 Disabling Media player hotkey integration?

I want your help guys. The hot key combination on this thing can you tell me that how can I fix this issue? I am using 0.9.9 actually I possibly will watch a movie and now I have itunes. At that time I have just pause the movie do a little work with no interruption. When I could strike the play button on the key board to play music by using the itunes software at that time is not able to play that. At the present with the new combination of hot keys, I currently have my movie playing and my itunes playing all at once but this is very annoying because in this I have to use Quicktime for playing movies. How can I turn this feature off?

Re: 1.0rc4 Disabling Media player hotkey integration?

Actually I have also faced this issue but in that one of my friend help me a lot. Because I do not have internet connection so I am not very much aware about this but then I told regarding this to one my friend then he just came and fix that issue. Now it is currently working well. So I just want a little bit of information that has you ever tried to the preferences and selecting 'unset' from the drop-down next to the offending action?

I am also facing this issue. And it is really very irritating. In my case actually the media keys is not able to be disabled. So for this we have added a disable function for this. In all truthfulness on the other hand blame Apple. And in this media key thing is actually one of the worst thing which I have come across.

I think your issue will get fixed in the later releases of the VLC. On the other hand VLC 1.0 feature it is fully complete and you will not able to get this option at this point. However I think the next release of the VLC media player software that is 1.0.x it will surely fix this issue. Because I have seen that most of the user are suffering from this. So I think VLC people take care of this in their next release.

I have searched a lot regarding this issue then I came to know that it is the major error in the new release of the VLC software. Actually I have always VLC and iTunes which is running and I am not able to live without these hotkeys. Actually it is really irritating. And I think not I think I will re install my older version of VLC and stick with that till this issue get solved.

Ok you guys said that fix would be out of the 1.0.1. Actually it is clearly says on the first page 1.0.1. And therefore I have downloaded this new build very happily. But the problem with this error is remain there. So for that I have checked the preferences but again I unable to find a way to disable this interface with the help of media keys.

Actually in the options are in the interface and it is a section of our basic preferences. In that you just uncheck that whatever you do not need. And at that time it will not in the way any longer instantaneously after clicking "Save". I have just forget to tell you that actually they are called like control playback with the media keys at the time when VLC is in the background.

Hey if you are saying that this issue will take care in the next version of this then it is wrong because I am using the latest version of the VLC player. And in the VLC 1.1.2 the next version and I am still stuck with these media player key integration. And in this I have to very much like to disable this. Is there any way to fix this issue.

Actually I am also using the current version of the VLC software of the 1.1.2. And I want to know that how you are able to do this because I am also using this and I am also not able to get this. Can you suggest me that how to disable this function. Because I have tried this but not able to find that how to disable this? If anyone know this then please tell me how to solve this?

I have seen the previous replies and in that the option which is like boundary category of the VLC likes. And in this you are able to select whether it should react to the media keys in surroundings or in foreground or not at all. Note that in Mac OS X 10.6, the play key will forever be acknowledged by iTunes as well because of an unsettled error in the fundamental Mac OS X code.