Thread: Can someone please help with WinTV-HVR-1600?

Can someone please help with WinTV-HVR-1600?

Actually this is my second time that I am posting this thread. And this is because I need your help guys. Actually here I am not able to get my WinTV-HVR-1600 to work with VLC. Actually regarding this I have tried so much fix this. I have tried every possible setting but I am not able to get any of video to display. I think actually it looks like the MPEG-2 which is the card outputs. Please if anyone have idea that how to fix this issue then please help me.

Re: Can someone please help with WinTV-HVR-1600?

I initially prepared for the PVR-150 and was get astonished to get the HVR-1600 in the PVR-150 retail box. Regarding it to articulate that I have been getting same issue receiving this card to work with VLC. It took a while, but this is what I found:
    Actually for the reason of troubleshooting I am not still bother with streaming. Actually I always like to do this with the media .and DVD files. After that you just open the capture device and then refresh the device lists and then choose the WinTV 418for the video and actually none for the video. So I think you can get your solution from this. And I hope it will work in your case.

The previous one is ok but here is that actually this things are started an interlaced live tv and it is on that channel which is selected which is I think better than having nothing which is happen. So now I am trying it with no access to obtain the audio working. And I think it is also facing the same audio driver problems the PVR-150. And in the case if I have selected my default audio device which I get back is all hissing and popping noise and very choppy and silent choppy video. I hope it will work. But here I am able to get normal live tv playback wuth the sound through graphedit filters but it is not able to get it on the VLC. Can anyone have ideas.

Actually I am also facing the same problem after seeing your reply I think it will work so I have tried this in my case but I just want to tell you that I am still not able to get any of the video at all. And now it seems like it gives the extra option like dialog boxes for selecting the input and the things like that. But in the end result is that whatever setting I use I am not able to get any of video at all.

I think you people do not have to worry so much regarding this. Because I guess we will just have to wait till this card do not gets very much popular or choke up the dollars to obtain the better matched card. By the way I was not able to stream the video whichever I had. And I think it is just causing the VLC to crash. Currently I am using the 8.6a. And then I have tried the 8.6b also but I get the same result.

On the other hand I am not able to alter to resolution to MPEG_VCD 352x240. IF I do after that the video is there but it’s all flashy and greenish and you are not able to create out anything. I am able to get the video to show up in the VLC through the hvr 1600. And concerning this I have just made too sure that I have entered UYVY and click Device Properties.

Here I just want to tell you that I am very new in this list I mean that capture cards. And I am also facing issue regarding this also actually I want to know that is there any update regarding this. Actually my problem is that when I try to play any of video then it play that but from that there is no sound come. If you have any idea then please tell me.

Actually I am also facing the same issue from last two weeks. I am also getting stuck by using the PVR-500. I am also not getting sound when I play any of the video file from my computer. Actually I want to know that is there any update regarding this. Please I waiting for the perfect solution. And for that help thanks in advance.

You just try this because I got this solution from one of the forum site. Because before you guys I have also faced this issue around two months ago. And at that time I have searched regarding this. But actually it is for to restore the video problem. But issue related to sound it is still there. . Has there been some work done with VLC to fix this issue?