Thread: Using .srt file with DVD problem

Using .srt file with DVD problem

I do not know much about the subtitles of the films. I enjoy watching the films, but when I am with my friend, who has hearing problem, I will have to play the movies that have subtitles with it. I feel really bad for him. I do not like watching films without the subtitles, when he is with me. After some days of research I have found that there is a .srt file that can help for the subtitles, when I buy the DVD sometimes it does not contain the .srt file for that. When I try downloading the .srt file for that I am unable to link it with the movie. Can you all suggest me something in this respect.

Re: Using .srt file with DVD problem

Have the similar problem, I tried loading the .srt file in the MRL, then after this I tried opening the DVD from there. This went unsuccessful. After this I tried opening the first file on the DVD having .vob as the extension while loading the .srt file from the the MRL. I want to use the .srt files with the titles on the DVD without any problem. Has anyone ever faced this? Any suggestions from anyone?

When you are facing this kind of problem that why are you not trying something else that can serve you well. I would tell you not to open the .vob file. Instead of opening that file you can first open the DVD. Sometimes opening the .vob file can cause such problem. Please open the DVD without any menus. Once you are done open a particular subtitle that you wish to open. Please try using VLC media player for playing the movies.

If the DVD that you are having does not have the subtitles then you can download the subtitles from the net. After that you will have to keep the movie and the downloaded file at the same place. The .avi file and .srt file both should have the same name expect for the extensions. Now open the VLC media player drag the .avi file and drop it into the VLC window. After that open the Video drop down menu and choose "Subtitle Track." The subtitles, which is the .srt file, should start playing. I think that this would help.

First of all the thank you for the valuable suggestions of you all. The .srt file that I downloaded was not having the same name as that of the .avi file. So in order to follow the instructions of yours I changed the name of the .srt file to the .avi file. I do not know why but the file did not played with the subtitles. I also tried the other way round but nothing helped. I had kept both the .srt file and the .avi file in the same folder, but yet it did not worked. Any further suggestions.