Thread: "Hide VLC media player in taskbar" doesn't work

"Hide VLC media player in taskbar" doesn't work

Currently I am running VLC 0.9.9a on my pc which is running on the Ubuntu 9.04 operating system. In that problem which is I am facing is that when I use to click on the I mean right click on the systemtray icon and when I select the Hide VLC player in the taskbar at that time it does not hide that . Here I want to ask you guys that Is it exit completely. Or this is a bug which is in this or I am doing something wrong in this. Please I will appreciate any help !

Re: "Hide VLC media player in taskbar" doesn't work

Here I just want to suggest you that actually it does not exit this. In this it should keep the icon in the task bar. For that you just Google regarding this just type jean Bapsite Kempf or otherwise go and type there jbkempf. And so I think you will get your solution there. It is related to the VLC media player developer and site supervisor. And one more thing here is that if you want an answer of your question then just be specific on your question.

When I was searching regarding the same issue then I have seen the thread related to this then I just came here I have read the issue here I just want to inform you guys also that I am also facing the same issue but little bit extra. Here together the system tray symbol and the taskbar button fade away. I confirm that it's no longer running underneath System Monitor.

Can anybody tell me that Ok? What if I do not desire the vlc symbol in my already-overcrowded taskbar when vlc is consecutively running? How do I take away it totally as of there, short of downgrading? I am facing this from so many days If you have any suggestion then post that as soon as it is possible for you guys.

You can do one thing here which is you can de activate the option in the VLC prefer likings? And fir the more information you can go to the google and just simply type there jean Bapsite Kempf and you can check there. And from there you can get more information regarding this. And if is there any more issue is there then you can take help of this site or just leave your post.

Here I am also facing the same issue and just for your information I want to inform you that that was the same thing I though. And if it is there then I think I will get escape from this. I think you would be there beneath "Interface", or anywhere comprehensible, but maybe I am just lost it. So is there any other solution then posts it.
    Last edited by Villiers; 19-09-2010 at 01:12 AM.

The alternative vanishes if "Advanced Settings" is chosen. You have to put it rear to "simple", then beneath "Interface" a checkbox marker "Systray Icon" appears. Uncheck it, shut VLC, revive it, and the symbol will be left. You are able to then put the situation back to "Advanced". Not, I believe, the best way to handle that.