Thread: Download a x64 version of vlc for my windows vista 64-bit

Download a x64 version of vlc for my windows vista 64-bit

I plan to switch my PC from XP to Vista, probably even Vista 64 bit. However , I posed the question of compatibility VLC with Vista Pro 64 bit .Does anyone use it VLC under Vista 64-bit ? Can you tell me if VLC is compatible with 64 bit Windows and if so , which version should I download. Thank you in advance.

Re: Download a x64 version of vlc for my windows vista 64-bit

Yes it is compatible on all operating systems of all platforms 64-bit. Only Linux a modif on certain post has done in the graphical environment. VLC media player is a multi -platform originally developed by students at the Central School of Paris to play videos in MPEG , DVD , VCD, DivX and from a satellite card through a network. Since become a reference in the field of readers free , it is actually much more than that.

The team VideoLAN has just published VLC media player 1.1.0 final version . Besides the correction of over 400 bugs , this new version thoroughly restructured lays the foundation for future developments of the famous media player. Support videos in high definition has been improved in terms of quality, but also thought to reduce its impact on memory and CPU usage . More good news for the time reserved for Windows and Linux , VLC can take advantage of hardware acceleration graphics cards ATI / NVIDIA.

The team VideoLAN has just published VCL media player 1.1.0 final version . Besides the correction of over 400 bugs , this new version thoroughly restructured lays the foundation for future developments of the famous media player. Support videos in high definition has been improved in terms of quality, but also thought to reduce its impact on memory and CPU usage . More good news for the time reserved for Windows and Linux , VLC can take advantage of hardware acceleration graphics cards ATI / NVIDIA.

Since version 1.1.0 released in June 2010, VLC directly supports hardware decoding of video. The nuclei of the player was completely revised to reduce the use of memory resources. This development major brings new features like an extended management of HD formats , the inclusion of audio formats in 7.1 or format WebM Google. VLC Media Player is a player complete multimedia , light , simple and efficient , can play almost all formats of video and audio files : MPEG -1, MPEG -2, MPEG -4, DivX, AAC, MP3, OGG, AVI, WMV, MOV, VCD, SVCD, DVDEtc.

The main advantage of Vista 64-bit can handle more than 3 GB of RAM. Indeed , Vista 32-bit exploits up that 3.4 GB Service Pack 1 for Vista will recognize more than 3 GB of memory, but more memory will not be provided and operated the system! Vista 64 bit can increase the memory capacity of your machine, but there are still limits : 8 GB for Home Basic , 16 GB for Home Premium , and 128GB versions Professional , Ultimate and Enterprise.