Thread: Receiving an error that my product key is invalid in Office 2003

Receiving an error that my product key is invalid in Office 2003

I am using Office 2003 package from a long time on my Windows xp operating system recently i have reformatted the system and tried to install the Office 2003 but it provided me with an error that the product key is invalid for the Office 2003. I got the system from my uncle and have no idea about these please provide me with some help.

Re: Receiving an error that my product key is invalid in Office 2003

There are chances that you have installed the office from a retail box that you have purchased. If you have done that then go to the control panel then in programs and in program features take a look there and if there is any copy of the office installed earlier then it will provide a problem of the Product key invalid, some of the pre installed trial office 2003 suites can conflict with the product key so first uninstall the previous one and then install the office your problem will get over.

I have uninstall the office 2003 which was located at the folder that you have mentioned above and then tried to install the latest version but the problem was the same and again got the same error of product key invalid. So, please provide me another solution which will work well to resolve my issue.

There are chances that the product key that you are using may be a wrong one, the 25 digit key available on the laptop and on the back of the desktop ids not the required key. The key is available on the Box of the CD from where you can enter it or Inside an e-mail from the online website where you purchased Office and it might be on the sticker of the CD. Try to enter the product code from here and you will get the appropriate answer.

There are chances that the previous office version is not properly uninstalled on the system, so first check it in the Control panel in the Add or Remove Software section. If it is listed in that then you have to remove or uninstall it properly then you can go for the new installation of the Office 2003. It will definitely work after that.

If your product key is not working properly then there are chances that the CD that you have purchased from the Retail is not the genuine one. In these scenario you have to contact to the Microsoft and tell them about these issue to get a solution from them, these service is available on the website of the Microsoft.