Thread: Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate - switching between wireless & copper

Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate - switching between wireless & copper

I was using Windows xp on my Lenovo T400 from a long time but now i have switch from that to Windows 7 64 bit ultimate but the problem is that due to some reasons when i turn off the wireless and plug in a network cable, the router goes out with the correct IP address based on the Mac address and with that i can access the internet properly. But then for some reason my network shares are lost and i can not get then back, i think it needs a reboot for sure.

Re: Win7 64bit Ultimate - switching between wireless & copper

There might be a problem in the wireless connection, so you need to first check the connection and make them Disable if any. Even when you are using the wireless connected then too the Windows operating system will give priority to the wired connection, the reason for that is it is much faster as compared to the Wireless.

I have tried with the disabling the wireless connection but it does not worked at all and the problem is there. Now my laptop switch off every now and then and creates large number of problem in my working. Sp, please provide a method by which these issue can be resolved and the system should not switch off temporarily.

If there are regular issues with the operating system then the best option for you is go for the reboot and format the Laptop properly after backing up your data and then try to disable the wireless connection that will work as i have tried the same process with my Notebook to overcome such issue.

Re: Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate - switching between wireless & copper

There seems a virus attack on your system and due to that your wireless connection is not responding properly. The solution for that is scan your system with a good antivirus and then heal all the infected files, there are a number of the antivirus available in the market such as the AVG, Avast, McAfee etc which you can buy or download for free for a month on the Trial basis this will help you to fix your issue.

Re: Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate - switching between wireless & copper

As you have stated that there is a problem in the network whether it is a wired network or a wireless network then it seems there is a problem in the Network card. To fix these take out the network card and then reinsert it in the laptop and then check it properly or you can go for a new network card, this will definitely resolve your problem.