Thread: Cannot Find DVD Driver with Windows 7 Install

Cannot Find DVD Driver with Windows 7 Install

Initially i was having Sp 2 installed on my system .I wanted to change my OS from Sp 2 to Windows 7.I started a fresh Windows 7 installation on my system.During the installation suddenly a message pop up showing that 'Cannot find DVD Driver'.I am not having a DVD driver disc.What can i do for this problem.

Re: Cannot Find DVD Driver with Windows 7 Install

Switch on the machine and make the DVD driver as master or slave depending upon your installation.If this is not Working For you then use manual installation method.You also make sure that DVD driver is being shown in the bios.Have a close look at the boot and insure that the boot sequence shows the DVD device.Wait for a wile and shutdown the machine .Now install the device insuring the cable matches the proper selection on the device.Boot and it is ready for the use.

You try out this solution for fixing this problem. Press windows R,then Type regedit and pres enter.Now open the registry key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.Then after right click on the upper filter and click delete.Accept the confirmation for deleting the upperfilter registry entry.Now right click on the lower filter and click delete and also accept the confirmation for deleting the lowerfilter registery entry.Now exit the registry editor and restart the computer.

The problem you must be facing might be related with a limited chip-set on your motherboard that can not address 4Gb RAM.So remove you memory and install window using 2GB memory support.The other problem would be that your chip-set/bios supports it enable memory hole remapping in bios setup.There are also chip-set in Intel which cause such a problem.Follow this instruction for sorting your problem.You will be definitely able to solve your problem.

I was placed in the same situation when i was installing the windows 7 on my machine.My brother suggested me that the you are facing might be from a bad disc burn.After getting this solution i installed directly from the ISO image.This time i was truly able to install successfully.As my problem was solved by this ,in the same way your problem might also get solved .So try it .

At my home i was working on a older machine with the original DVD driver .But i was having new motherboard.I also faced the same problem while installing windows 7.What i did is i took out the DVD Drive and replaced with a new one .Now when i installed the windows 7 it was successfully installed .So i advice you to replace you DVD drive and check it with new one.