Thread: WMP12 FLAC Seek bug

WMP12 FLAC Seek bug

Friends I like to play music on Windows Media Player. In my media file I have many FLAC files. And I don’t face any problem to play them so far. The only bug in that is whenever I try to seek any file then it automatically starts the song from beginning. In artist section when I looked for FLAC files I found only my Daft Punk music in it. I think is the problem with my driver. Am I right? Can you suggest me any solution?

Re: WMP12 FLAC Seek bug

FLAC is a popular format that is being more and more. If you like to listen music on Windows Media Player and want to listen this type of music file then you just need to convert those files or you have to install FLAC codecs.

It is a audio format which is lossless. Lossless means that the audio file is compressed and there is no loss in quality of the sound. If you play these file without installing FLAC codec then you will not be able to play this.

You have to download codec from internet and install it in your computer.

This installation allow you to open open these formats in WMP. Once you install this then you will be able to open these format normally. ogg and FLAC formats have changed and you may not be able to play every file.

Window Media Player comes with all Windows Operating system. It is a default media player that is available in your computer. If you are having any problem with this then you can go for other player. There are many players available on internet and you can download and install any one of them. You can also use converter to convert the files in MP3 format to play it in WMP.

Thank you very much for your posts and suggestion. I downloaded and installed FLAC codec in my computer and it solves the issue. Some of my friends were also facing the same problem and I suggested them also for this and they also did the same and are happy. Once again thank you very much to you from me and my friends.

I am also having the same problem and tried many solutions but none of them worked for me. Therefore I usually play without opening windows media player from the music from root folder directly. The problem is that we can not see context menu with Flac files. I am also going to download FLAC codec and see the result. Hope this will solve my problem also.