Thread: Pci-to-Pci Bridge (Error: Code 10) - PCI Video Card

Pci-to-Pci Bridge (Error: Code 10) - PCI Video Card

I want to explain the configuration of my system which I am running right now.
    I am using Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit edition in which I have three video cards which I am listing bellow:
    (PCIe) Evga GTX260
    (PCI) Evga 9400GT
    (PCI) Evga Fx5500
    From all the above i am using only the two of the above. Third one not because I am using 6 series Nvidia cards. MY problem is that whenever I install the 9400GT I get 'pci-to-pci bridge' entry which shows in the device manager. When you check the problem it says that it detected the problem i.e. error code 10. What are the solutions for this problem. Please I need a quick reply.

Re: Pci-to-Pci Bridge (Error: Code 10) - PCI Video Card

I think this a pci conflict specifically with the EVGA 780i and 790i FTW boards.It can be done only by doing registry manually. After the registry you have to restart your computer so that windows will be able to see your following card. I am not sure that it may work or not. Try registry it will help you.

I had the same problem that is with my pci video card. I have just plugged out all the pci devices fro the board except my graphic card. After that I logged in through the safe mode into windows 7. Than I opened the device manager by right-clicking on the my computer. In the system device manager I choose PCI Bus and Scan for Hardware Changes. After this OS automatically installed the drivers. After that I have rebooted windows 7 normally by pluggin all the PCI devices.

I think you should to try the new PCI slot that might be old which is not accepting that bridge between the PCI cards. Due to which PCI bus might be shared and sometimes it failed to share. In many cases using a different PCI slot works to solve the issues like this. Try it may work if you have an old motherboard which might have five slots than use one closer to the CPU or move your way downwards until it works

I think this is definitely an issue with shared slot. You will need to set the slot for your new card manually. It may be in the bios or windows. I think your motherboard may be causing the problem. That's why you are facing the problems in different windows. Try changing these things in the system.This may be help you.

You all have suggested me well as per your knowledge. But I didn't get the proper solution.If possible please get any hopeful suggestion to solve this problem. I am waiting for your replies. As this problem can be solved by googling but if you are ale to solve the problem then it will be best be cause you will give me answer with the proper explanation. Please any suggestion.