Thread: Cannot Connect transfer data from windows xp to 7 and vice versa

Cannot Connect transfer data from windows xp to 7 and vice versa

I was a regular user of the Windows xp for a long time but now i want to switch to the Windows 7, but my computer has a Windows xp and my Acer Laptop has a Windows 7 operating system. When i tried to transfer the data from XP machine to the Windows 7 on my laptop it denied the Access to transfer the data. Earlier i have a Vista OS and i was able to transfer the data from the Windows xp to windows Vista and vice versa. Please provide me a way to overcome this issue.
    Last edited by Agathe; 10-09-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Re: Cannot Connect transfer data from windows xp to 7 and vice versa

There are a number of ways to solve this problem but the easiest way is that you have to create the same user name and Password on the both System. First create a user name and password on the XP system and then create a user name and password on the Laptop which has the windows 7 OS same as the XP system, this will for sure fix your problem and you will be able to access the data and transfer data from both the system.

There are chances that your system is password Protected and the Password protected settings are disabled. If the settings are disabled then the computer generally will not prompt you to enter a user name and the password. If these is the case then you have to map a network drive using a alternate credentials as long as the the password is not blank.

If you are not able to transfer data from the Windows xp to the Windows 7 then you have to make sure that the network Work group name is the same fro all the Computers and for all the Work stations . after that Turn_off_Network passwords at least while you get it all set up and properly working. Them you have to set up the password or set up the account with the same name that is user name and with the same password on all the networks and the workstations this will resolve your issue for sure.

If you are using a firewall in your network then it can create a lot of problem for you and you will not able to connect two system in the network. To resolve these issue check all the settings and make the appropriate changes in the firewall to get the solution. If the problem further exists then you have to contact the customer care assistance of the Microsoft for further help.

I finally got the solution and now i able to connect my Windows 7 operating enabled Laptop with my Windows xp system. I first want to thank you for your valuable suggestion and constant support and any suggestion on Windows 7 in the future will be appreciated by me. I have make my password and the user name same in both my system to get the the solution.