Thread: VMware Fusion 3.1 vs Parallels 5

VMware Fusion 3.1 vs Parallels 5

About to get my Mac Book Pro, soon, but I am bit confused in choosing Parallel 5 or Fusion 3.1 in order to run Windows 7 64bit in a VM apart from installing it. I want to run PS together with other Windows based programs on the Mac Book Pro in a virtual machine. I searched all over the internet for the comparison of the Parallel 5 or Fusion 3.1. I need a complete opinion of which one is the best thing that will suit my needs. At some places I have seen that Parallel 5 is dominant and somewhere Fusion 3.1 is dominant. Please help.

Re: VMware Fusion 3.1 vs Parallels 5

I also wanted to know and make a post regarding the comparison between VMWare Fusion 3 and Parallels Desktop 5. I also wanted to compare them with respect to the new updates as well. Can you all suggest me which one is better for running the multiple OS. I want to create a virtual environment to learn Server 2008 and Mac Os Server, so does it support hypervisor. Ultimately which is better to use VMware Fusion 3 or Parallels Desktop 5.

If you are going to ask me to choose between VMware Fusion 3.1 and Parallels 5. I would definitely go for Fusion. It is by far the best one I can say. It is more quicker, more stable, and more easier to use. Fusion 3.1 is a bright update that has been given to the owners of the Fusion 3. Using this update the performance is going to rise for sure. Most of the company claims that the new version provides a 35 percent boost in application performance over Fusion 3.0. Using the VMware Fusion 3.1 the USB can be easily tied to your Mac or VM. So you can see it has lots of advantages. I would definitely go with this.

I will be talking for both the versions. By looking at this you can go for whichever you will like. Some tests were performed and I will be sharing the results of some of the tests. In that test, Parallel Desktop performed 41-20% faster than VMware Fusion, but VMware Fusion van 10% faster than Parallel Desktop when running Windows XP 32-bit on virtual processors. So from this only one conclusion can be drawn that both VMware Fusion 3.1 and Parallel Desktop 5 will be similarly fine with quite the same price, but to some extent, Parallel Desktop should be preferred.

VMware Fusion 3.1, is simply great, the new way to connect USB devices is really nice. It was really annoying when I used to try to connect something to windows and it wouldn't pick it up. Now this new method has done the trick. This new method really shines on top. Now there is no problem in the connection. So, for this reason I would give my vote to VMware Fusion 3.1. Please select this.