Thread: Files appearing in Search are unavailable

Files appearing in Search are unavailable

Anybody can help me in the following problem as many files and folders are missing in the directory of my computer. When I started searching them. The missing files were there in their original folders in the search result. But the problem is that their paths do not appear outside the search result. When I create a shortcut of that particular file or folder it shows that the shortcut reference for the item has been changed and this shortcut will no longer work properly. Is there any solution to get the moved data again because all the data are so important and some of them I have accessed recently.

Re: Files appearing in Search are unavailable

I think this is an issue related to the software installation as you may have installed some software for the editing of the content of the files and folders. I will suggest you to uninstall such software and then search the files in the search option. Than copy the URL provided by the search result and search the files and the folders accordingly. I think try this, this may help you to sort out the problem.

This type of problem sometimes occurs due to renaming the content of the files and folders. Due to renaming them they may start disappearing one by one. For example if you have changed the name of a particular image of the files or the folders i.e, from image.jpg1 to image.jpg5. It may cause such problem like loss of the data or missing the files and folders. It can be gained by troubleshooting.

This is a major problem come up when we install a new software for the editing of the content.Or it is a cause of a bad quality folder locker which locked the folder but unavailable to unlock it or you may have forget the password. I have a software in my mind to get the lost data or missing files. This tool may help you to get the data as it is available at a low cost it is named as "Find-it 4.5". It is easy to use and gain the files and folders easily.

To gain the missing files and folders you can use the recovery manager which can be accessed by pressing F11 at the time of booting. It also allows user to recover the factory default image. You can go to the recovery manager by clicking start and then on search after that type recovery in the search field and select recovery manager from the list.It allows you to do the following things:
    • Re-install the software programs.
    • Re-install the hardware drivers.
    • It will restore the Microsoft system.
    • Recover your computer to its default factory settings.

Re: biterscripting file search

I recommend looking at the state of the files you suspect are missing. Download a scripting tool like biterscripting and list the files with this command.

Code:
    cd "/path/to/folder" ; lf

This will list files by directly going to the file system (not thru any searching or indexing software). Look at the correct file name (including paths), and last modification times. Try to open a file with this command.

Code:
    system "/path/to/file"
    Save the file. Does it appear now ?

If still not, you may have to copy, delete the original file, reset and rename the copied file with these commands.

Code:
    system copy "C:/folder/file.txt" "file2.txt" ; system del "C:/folder/file.txt"
    touch "C:/folder/file2.txt" ; system rename "C:/folder/file2.txt" "file.txt"

Change the "C:/folder/file" to correct file path enclosed in double quotes.

You can look up the documentation for the lf, touch, system commands, if necessary.