Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't open Word File because of end tag/start tag mismatch error...

Can't open Word File because of end tag/start tag mismatch error...

I am unable to open the word file and other documents in the office, i get a message when i try to open a word document that i desperately need to open. The name in the end tag of the element must match the element type in start tag, the location is as : Part: word / document.xml, line is 2,column is 96760. These is the problem i having with my office please provide me the solution in order to open the word files, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Re: Can't open Word File because of end tag/start tag mismatch error...

The solution for these problem is that you just have to append .zip to the file name that you want to open. After you add the extension, open the zip package and you will see all the documents parts. To edit document.xml, drag it out of the folder and make your edits. These will solve your problem and for further details contact me.

If your document that you are using is not confidential then you can put it online somewhere . Then the person or expert of the Xml will solve the problem, it usually takes up to 5 minutes to resolve your queries. Most of the time they solve your queries i have tried it and it works for most of the time, they solve my problem with in a minute.

The solution for the problem is very easy you just have to change the file extension from docx to zip in the Windows Explorer, and then look the document in the document.xml file inside the archive. This file is fixed needs to be fixed by hand and you have to do it by own or share the file on the internet to get done by an expert.

I am not a xml expert and i have tried the conversion of the files from the doc to the zip. Then open the file and and looked for the file in the document.xml file and it really worked for me. Now i got the he file with all my details and i am able to open it in the word format, thank you very much i will be grateful if you provide me any other details on the topic regarding the word or office.

The solution for your issue is that you have to just change the extension from the docx to the zip file and these will solve your problem, if not then just shared the file on the forum and we will solve your problem on no time. If it is a sensitive then don't provide it to any one on the internet and contact the customer care cell of the Microsoft.

Hi guys I'm having the same problem, where is the file extension to change it from docx to zip - on word 2003 and older versions .doc is in the file name but for my word 2007 files there is no .docx extension in the file name and in properties there is no way to access the type of file option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal1986 View Post
    Hi guys I'm having the same problem, where is the file extension to change it from docx to zip - on word 2003 and older versions .doc is in the file name but for my word 2007 files there is no .docx extension in the file name and in properties there is no way to access the type of file option.
    I dont understand why do you want to change the docx file to zip? By making it zip file you are compressing the docx file and not changing its extension. However, if you have some xml knowledge, then look for the document.xml file inside the archive. If not, you might want to put your document online somewhere so someone else can take a look at it for you.

Hi, I just finished a Physics assignment and I have seen in other forum quite a few people got this same problem whenever they used math equations on their docs or something. I would please appreciate if any of you XML experts could check my file please, I am unable to open it to correct mistakes after spending a lot of time on the formatting and building ;/.

Here is the .zip file with all its contents: http://uploading.com/files/4e4ade3c/boyle.zip/

Thanks in advance.

sad Re: Can't open Word File because of end tag/start tag mismatch error...

Hi I have this same "end tag/start tag" error and, like Forbidden16, just saved a Physics assignment in .docx format that contained a lot of the equations feature.

The exact error stated is:
    "The file sol.docx cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents.
    The name in the end tag of the element must match the element type in start tag.
    "

I have opened the xml file but unfortunately do not have any idea what any of it means. There seems to be many repeated tags that say:
    <Override PartName="___a___location___.xml" ContentType="___another__location__+xml"/>

If someone could talk me through exactly what I have to do I will be happy to do it myself but otherwise here is the zip file: http://is.gd/ga1MR

Thank you so much in advance,
    Alex

Hi taylor8294,

There is a popular Outlook recovery tool called Advanced Outlook Repair that you can try to repair your PST file. It is a powerful tool to recover messages, folders and other objects from corrupt or damaged Microsoft Outlook PST files. Detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair can be found at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/.

Hi, got the same error using the equation tool in word 2010. The xml code from the zip file should be attached. The error message stated Locationart: /word/document.xml, line:2, column: 270361. The original document name was MathsIA Type2.docx

Any help would be very appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can anyone please help me???? I have been trying for two days to repair a corrupt file, I have even bought programs to repair but nothing has worked. I have also tried changing the file to .zip but still nothing.
    I wil attach the file....please help!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have the same problem and I'm panicing bacause of a deadline in a mathproject in school.
    I don't know anything about xml.
    How could I mail? microsoft?

I attach the file here.
    If anyone can help me you really do my month.

Thanks Johan

Hi,

I'm facing the same problem with my maths assignment which is due real soon.

I get the following message when i try to open the word document.

'The name in the end tag of the element must match the element type in the start tag'

'Location: Part: word/document.xml, Line: 2, Column: 40665'

I know how to append '.zip' to the document but i just don't have the knowledge on XML programming.

Can someone pls help me????

The document is attached in the following link

http://www.4shared.com/file/2WNWgtPQ/doc1.html

Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast