Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't open Word File because of end tag/start tag mismatch error...

Re: Can't open Word File because of end tag/start tag mismatch error...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenny View Post
    If your document that you are using is not confidential then you can put it online somewhere . Then the person or expert of the Xml will solve the problem, it usually takes up to 5 minutes to resolve your queries. Most of the time they solve your queries i have tried it and it works for most of the time, they solve my problem with in a minute.
    Hi, I'm getting the same errors, can someone please have a look at the file?

I have to hand in my coursework and it's corrupted for some reason. It was working fine before I turned my laptop off.

Thank you so much.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am having one solution which might work with the issue of yours. First try to open the file and then if you are getting the error window then click on Detail button and see which line is giving error. Now Close the file and Rename the file with the zip extension and open it. Copy the XML file to somewhere else and open it. Now make the changes in the line where you are getting error. Save it and copy to the zip folder again and rename with the doc file extension. So if you can then try this out and see whether this is working or not.

Hi I have got this "end tag/start tag" error too.

If someone could help me fix this problem, I will appreciate your help very much.

Here is the link to my file:
    Last edited by Kunal; 08-02-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: External Linking is not allowed

OK, you can try to install the MS office once again in your computer and see if that is able to help you or not. If that can solve the issue for you then it is fine but if that is also not able to let you out of the issue then you can use the portable MS office. You can search and download this from internet. Save it to your computer and double click on that. When you do that then it will show you the icon for this on the system tray. Right click on that and select MS word from there. This will start the word and you will be able to browse the file that you wish to open. I am using the same and that is not showing me any problem. I hope that this will do the same for you.

I have got the same problem!

Nothing of your solutions work for me.

Can someone take a look at it?

URL: http://www.4shared.com/file/QoL-Pmkc...8_-_kopie.html

I NEED YOUR HELP VERY URGENT!

I have the same problem and have been worked for almost a week to try to work this one out. Here is the file: http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/_...U/_online.html

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Hello i'm having the same problem and when i open the .xml file i can't seem to edit anything. I'm not a .xml expert so i'll post it to you guys.

I'm in a middle of a work and it's due tuesday, and i don't want to put any pressure to you but if you guys could help me ASAP i would be very much apreciated to you.

Cheers and regards from Portugal

Hi.

I've been having the same trouble. I tried to edit some of the code myself in Dreamweaver after having it format the code for better readability. However, I can't understand most of the code, and can't seen to fix all the errors. If someone could take a look at the attached zip folder with all the files, fix the file and email the fixed zip file to my email (hwang_phil@hotmail.com) by tonight, that would be greatly appreciated, since I have a Calculus Final tomorrow and need those notes to study.

Thanks in advance.

The file can be found at: http://uploading.com/files/efcd1m92/...s%2BNotes.zip/

Quote Originally Posted by kwonzo View Post
    Hi.

I've been having the same trouble. I tried to edit some of the code myself in Dreamweaver after having it format the code for better readability. However, I can't understand most of the code, and can't seen to fix all the errors. If someone could take a look at the attached zip folder with all the files, fix the file and email the fixed zip file to my email (hwang_phil@hotmail.com) by tonight, that would be greatly appreciated, since I have a Calculus Final tomorrow and need those notes to study.

Thanks in advance.

The file can be found at: http://uploading.com/files/efcd1m92/...s%2BNotes.zip/
    There is a FixIt solution created that should address this problem. You can go to the following KB article and it should give you the details about how you can correct these documents.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528942

hi can you help me to retrieve the docx file of mine which cant be opened due to mismatched start end tag? please get back to me at eighthcanvas@yahoo.com. please, thanks

Hi there. I am having this same problem with my Master's thesis (!!). I renamed it to a zip file, extracted document.xml, and tried to repair the file but I cannot tell which tag is left open. Can anyone please help me?!

Thanks in advance!

Please help. I am having this same problem with my Masters Thesis. If anyone could fix it that would be greatly appreciated!!! I've attached it along with the message that Word keeps giving me:

The name in the endtag of the element must match the element type in the start tag.

THANK YOU!!!

This done by appending the zip to the file name that you are using. Later on to run the same you will need to get a extension for opening the zip file. This can be seen in the document parts as well. Now to modify the xml drag the file out folder and modify the settings as per your need. One done put the same back in the package. Click yes to replace the existing file.

Sorry your instructions don't make much sense. I've attached the .zip but when I open that there are about a million .xml files and I have no idea which one to edit or how to edit it.

Hi

I m having the same error message as reported by others. Mine is line 2, Column 13925760 ... Changed to zip, opened with WinRar and found many xml-files. Unfortunately I do not know how to handle these (do not know XML). Can I get some help ?

As you'll see it's a app. 100 page document with lots of details I'd simply be dead recreating ;-(

I attached the errored document (docx). Would someone need the .zip extension file or anything else ?

Thanks to anyone who can help !!

Nils

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast