Thread: Windows Media Player runs on startup A500-02F

Windows Media Player runs on startup A500-02F

I have bought Toshiba satellite A500-02F for my brother. And I also bought wireless Microsoft Media Desktop 1000 keyboard along with this. Is works fine for two days but after that Windows media player starts on itself. I have installed Windows 7 in my laptop. I can’t find any reason why this is happening.

I start my system normally and it runs fine for few minutes and after that WMP starts automatically if I close it then also it starts in few seconds. Can anyone help me?
    Last edited by Arapaho; 02-09-2010 at 04:59 AM.

Re: Windows Media Player runs on startup A500-02F

OK, as you told that you have bought wireless Microsoft Media Desktop 1000 keyboard with the notebook. I think that this is happening because of your wireless keyboard. It may be giving continuous signal to your laptop for windows media player. That’s why it’s coming again and again, after closing it also. Just disconnect the keyboard from computer and see whether it is happening or not. I think this will not come after this.

There is one “System control panel” button which is a media control in Toshiba. It does the work of launching Windows media player. When your notebook is powered off and button is brushed with the fingertip lightly. It will power on the notebook and launches Windows media player. Windows media player was the part of start up process. Hope this will help you in some way.

If you see the log file then you will find that WMP.exe was loaded by Logitech LCDMedia.exe. It is from C:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\Applets folder.

You can uninstall this program temporarily to check what will be result.
    • Click on Start button in search box type "APPWIZ.CPL" and pres Enter button.
    • Check for the Logitech program, highlight it and uninstall it.

I was also having the same problem of pop up Window Media Player. But now I have solved this problem. Here is what I did.

I just opened up LCD manager. This was installed with drivers with my keyboard after that I disabled the Windows slide show(color) and Windows slideshow(monochrome). After that I pressed the configure button which redirect me to control panel > Hardware and Sound > Windows slideshow. There I unchecked Windows Media Player.

I think your laptop is infected with virus and which has corrupted your Windows Media Player. My suggestion to you is use a an antivirus whose database is updated. Scan your whole system clean your infected file. And then check your system. If it does not solve your problem then you can go for reinstalling your operating system