Thread: Media Player Classic skins?

Media Player Classic skins?

Friends,

I am using Windows media player to play my music and videos. Can anyone suggest me any light weight media player in which I can customize my players skin and it should also be as feature- packed as MPC. Light weight means not WMP.

If this is not possible then please tell me if there is any media player that already has super awesome. And it does not need any customization.

Thanks

Re: Media Player Classic skins?

You should try Zoom Player. It is a most powerful and Flexible player. You can customize also customize this Player. It is made for Windows PC platform and gives greater performance. Its interface for full screen is based on 5 keys (up/down/left/right/select). It has a lot of features like File Browsing, Playlist, Color Control, Audio Equalizer, Play History, Bookmarks and many more.

If anyone has no computer experience then it will be a very simple player for him. It runs on any version of Windows. It is very idle for both children and to the consummate professional. It is a scalable player and supports all the latest media formats.

VLC is the media player that fills all your need. DVD, VCD, Audio CD, TV cards, web streams and many more can be handled by this player. Download VLC files from internet and do the following:

On windows the skin folder is in the installation directory (e.g. C:\ Program Files\VLC\skins) and on LINUX/ UNIX it’s in ~/.local/share/vlc/skins2

You can change your interface from native to skin. Just open the VLC setting, You can change your skins which are already there or you can change it when you are in the shins mode by right clicking anywhere in the interface. Then go to Interface > Choose Skin. Sometimes it needs to restart your PC to make changes take effect.

Media player classic has several customization options. You can change its looks. "Skins". Media player comes with a default skin depending on which version you have. It can also be downloaded from Microsoft. In digital world Windows Media Player is one of the most widely used media players. Its very easy to use and comes free with Windows operating system.

Don't go for any other media player. It is the best I found among all the media players.

There are a few steps that you can follow to change your skin.

1. First thing you have to do is launch Windows media player.
    2. Now, click on view and select skin chooser. It will not show you classic menu if you are using any other version of media player. Then you can right click anywhere on the interface of player and select “Show classic menu” to view menu.
    3. Locate the skins on the laft panel and click any one of them to preview.
    4. If you find that any particular skin that attracts you then you can click on “Apply Skin” to take that skin effect.
    5. If you want to down load additional media player then click on “More skins”. But you should know the version of your media player before using that.

You should try VLC media player. It can play almost every format of songs or videos. Here are the steps to be followed to change the skin:
    • At the top of your players interface go to Tools option and select it. You will see a menu will drop down.
    • Now select the preference option on the tool menu and will see a pop up box which has title “Interface Setting”. Select the custom setting option on the box.
    • Press choose button and it will show you a window where you have to select your desired skin. You have to follow this path to choose the skin c: > Program Files > VideoLan > VLC.
    • Select your sin folder within your VLC folder. Double click which skin you would like to use. File setting window will be closed and you will see the Interface Setting window.
    • Click on the Save button to save your changes. Restart your VLC media player to take the changes effect.