Thread: OpenSSH on windows 2003

OpenSSH on windows 2003

I have been looking for information for the better part of a week on how to set up multiple concurrent FTP connections using OpenSSH SFTP on a windows 2003 server. We are currently using Windows FTP have have 8 FTP sites all running at the same time on different ports, all set to different home directories. I have been tasked with using only an SFTP solution to move to a secure ftp method. Can OpenSSH have several SFTP sites running on different ports at the same time on a single server?

My requirements are the multiple FTP sites concurrently, home directories set to network shares (UNC path method preferable, not mapped drive letters) and passing Windows authentication. I would think there has to be an SFTP solution that can do everything Windows FTP could, but if its not OpenSSH, I have not found it yet. Any suggestions of products would be greatly appreciated if you are currently doing this in your environment.

Thanks in advance.

Re: OpenSSH on windows 2003

I chose the server openssh cygwin. Cygwin is looking to maintain their packages to date, which is important from a security standpoint. Moreover, the Cygwin installer can update OpenSSH, openssl and all bookstores without having to reinstall everything. Installing an ssh server on Windows is is a manual job. It is strongly recommended to install this ssh server on a Windows production machine.

Re: OpenSSH on windows 2003

Yeah I am using OpenSSH and have it up and running on a Windows 2003 server and can sftp into the server with the once connection. What I need to know is can you configure it to listen on multiple ports at the same time to be able to accept multiple FTP jobs at once? I can find no documentation on doing this. I also would need to set different landing zones for each of these sites (preferably a UNC share path, and not a drive letter)