Thread: Problem while restoring Outlook Express email

Problem while restoring Outlook Express email

After accepting the compression of my files of Outlook Express, it was blocked during the compression of the inbox. Seeing that one year of missing messages in this inbox, I was soon see the trash and asked to restore all the files .Bak in them, thinking they would find themselves in their place habitual. Who can help me recover these messages? Thank you in advance.

Re: Problem while restoring Outlook Express email

I am sure that following steps will help you :
    1. You open Outlook Express, then you go to "tools" then "options".
    2. Select the "Advanced" tab and you click on "maintenance" on the new window you click on "store folder".
    3. A window opens giving you the storage path of your mails.
    4. It's left to do is archive in your remove (made a backup before that is in place, just in case!)

Explanations for these thank you helped me see where were passed my. If you write: "It's left to do is put your files into the directory, you could guide me because I do not want to risk making a mistake. Furthermore, I take the files "bak"? "Dbx"? Thank you advance for your response.

• First - Extract the e-mails from corrupted Outlook Express folders. With the help of OE-Mail Recovery (OE-Mail Recovery download) to extract the e-mails from Outlook Express .dbx files. Save the recovered messages to a directory.
    • Second - Copy of the damaged security .Dbx file. Save the damaged .Dbx files to a secure directory, they can still be useful. OE-Mail Recovery shows you a list of Outlook Express files.
    • Third - Create a new Outlook Express folder. Delete the corrupted file from the Outlook Express folder. Start Outlook Express and click on the folder, the file you deleted, and Outlook Express will automatically new .Dbx file, create one.
    • Fourth - Copy the recovered messages to the new Outlook Express folder. To view messages in Outlook Express to move the restored, open Outlook Express and Windows Explorer, select the required messages in Windows Explorer (This can be either the Ctrl + left mouse button or Shift + navigation keys to do with) and move them to the new Outlook Express folder.

I would like to provide example of restoring an Outlook Express folder:
    1. Download and install OE-Mail Recovery. Select the file Inbox.dbx in the list (left) and Click to Read Source File. After Inbox.dbx was read, you have to roll for the recovered messages in the box to specify the Save Folder. Click Save e-mail (s) and select Save all emails in the drop-down menu and save the recovered messages.
    2. Copy the path from the Source Folder Path field in OE-Mail Recovery in Windows Explorer to the address field and press Enter. Select the file and copy it Inbox.dbx to a secure directory.
    3. Delete the file from the Outlook Express folder Inbox.dbx. Open Outlook Express and click on the Inbox folder.
    4. Open Outlook Express and Windows Explorer. Select the required message in Windows Explorer (This can be either the Ctrl + left mouse button or Shift + navigation keys to do with). Drag with the mouse to the new Outlook Express Inbox folder.

jimcera Guest

First of all stop using the system from which you have lost e-mails from your corrupted Outlook Express folders. With the help of dbx file recovery software to recover the e-mails from Outlook Express .dbx files.

Dbx file recovery software tool is an advance dbx file recovery program for damaged Microsoft Outlook Express Data Files (.dbx). This Software intended to recover erased & corrupted emails from damaged DBX & MBX files. It also helps you in repairing the .dbx files.

This software uses sophisticated technology and easily restores and repairs the lost emails as .eml file or .dbx file and saves the recovered mails in any selected location.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 28-10-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.