Thread: Which files to save for activation of MS Office 2010 in future?

Which files to save for activation of MS Office 2010 in future?

I am using the legal copy of the Microsoft Office 2010 which works perfectly. I have also activated the same. But what i wanted to know is that Which files to save for activation of MS Office 2010 in future? so that in future if i format the system and installing the Office 2010 then activate automatically with the file that i have saved. A help may be much appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Which files to save for activation of MS Office 2010 in future?

This is not yet possible to save the file that will later on activate the Office 2010 or any other application.As the reformat of the system starts with the changes in the same which requires the new setting. So if you are also having the issue then i will advise you to keep the activation key safe and activate the product later on with the same.

I agree with the above reply as there is really nothing to work with the file saving is available. The activation of the office suit perform the modification in the file system which will not work for the re-installation of the same office suit which are used. So in one word you have to go through the re-installation and activation of the product once again.

I am not sure but wanted to tell you that if you copy down the cache.dat & tokens.dat files and also the registry keys for this files then it might be possible that you can activate the Office Product later on the reinstallation of the Office 2010 suit. So if you like then go through the installation and the activation of the same and see whether it is working for you or not.

I will advise you to use the Ghost backup utility which is a utility to take the backup and restore it whenever necessary. It will take the backup of the system with the registry key also. And when restore the file in future it will provide you the same setting with the system. So if you wanted to make the same then go through the same.