Thread: Vista Movie Maker for Windows 7

Vista Movie Maker for Windows 7

I am right now using Windows 7, but I am really missing some of the features. For an example, I am missing the the Movie Maker and I am needing it for my class project. How can I get it done. I want it desperately.Can any one help me to get this solved. Should I download the Windows Movie Maker in order to get the work done or there is some solution like making some changes in the registry . I need it fast to be done as soon as possible.

Re: Vista Movie Maker for Windows 7

I also suffered the same problem but, I got it rectified somehow. Yes, there is either way by you can reach the solution. You can go for downloading the windows movie maker or you can do it by making changes in the registry. What I did was, I took the files from the Vista and copied newer stuff from the DVD Maker of the Windows 7. Yes I had to go with a lot of registrations but, I managed to make the installer.Hope you will also get it done.

I am not happy if someone suggests to use Windows Live Movie Maker. I am not trying to be rude, but but yes Windows Live Movie Maker is sure shot a bad replacement. The only good thing that I believe about it is the Ribbon. It does not have any editing tools neither transitions. Also Windows Movie Maker 2.6 which is available for download from Microsoft is also not up to the expectation.It is just the copy of the version in XP. The only thing I know work's best is Vista's Movie Maker which not only has the Vista user interface, but it also uses the Windows Media framework of Windows 7.

I really love Windows Movie Maker(WMM) of Vista and I hate using Windows Live Movie Maker(WLMM) from the time I got Windows 7. I really want to get rid of it. Please get it figured out. I am thinking of one possible solution. From the previous versions of the Operating System which I have in one of my desktop, I have WMM files, can I make use of it and make it useful for my purpose. Please help me, so that I can enjoy using WMM in my Windows 7 and take full advantage of it.

I am also facing the same the same problem. I gave my brother a laptop with windows7 in it. I thouht it would be a good fun, for him to be in touch with the ongoing technology. The present did not work for him at the moment. He has to ake some project for his class but he needs WMM and that is not in the newer version of the Windows. I feel really bad when my brother has to always come to me and use my XP based desktop hough he has his present. I want him to use his present, can any one there help me to overcome this problem...

For all of you there I am with a new updated solution for everyone there. I just uploaded a new file. The new installer was really smaller in size and it hardly caused me problem. What I did was, ripped all the Maker Stuff of the DVD. DVD maker of Windows 7 or Windows Vista do not directly with the Movie Maker. MSWMM files are ignored by DVD maker of Windows 7. What you need to do is to publish the movie and make a way towards the DVD Maker.