Thread: APP CRASH in WINWORD.EXE

APP CRASH in WINWORD.EXE

I got some issues when I used to print the document from Microsoft word and I received the message like Winword.exe has stopped functioning. In issue box , it is suggesting me to check online for a solution later and close program. This is the details of that issue :

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: WINWORD.EXE
    Application Version: 12.0.6308.5000
    Application Timestamp: 47e547c5
    Fault Module Name: mso.dll
    Fault Module Version: 12.0.6320.5000
    Fault Module Timestamp: 485ae817
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0003a9ed
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6
    Locale ID: 4105

Re: APP CRASH in WINWORD.EXE

I was running with the same issue for at least two weeks. I have done the installation of Ultimate Steal (Microsoft Office 2007 for students and purchased with the $59) deal from Microsoft. I am working with the Windows Vista Home Premium edition . It was going very well then some of those automatic updates were implemented and so wired --crashing Word. Not excel or anything else--just word is going in this way and i am sure about the reason for this .

I was having such type of issue before and after applying a lot of solution got failed to solve it out . Then after, I figured out that my selecting a network printer as my default printer on my system causing the main issue . Our printers are placed onto the print server and my system is not combined with the domain so when I need to fire the query onto the print server, I have to UNC within this at initial stage . That was never an problem before, however since Windows 7, it shows to be.

So, if you are running with a winword.exe crash at the time of launching of the application with different options don't resolve this (registry, normal.dot, add-ins, etc), you have to get the status of your default printer.

First of all, you have to quit from the Word and some other Office programs that you have opened already . From the Start menu,choose Run,and open the Windows Registry with the help of regedit command in the box and click OK to launch this up .

From the Regedit program, the sections of the registry shows onto the left of the tree diagram just as the one within the file manager.Navigate to the icons in such manner :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    Software
    Microsoft
    Office
    Word
    Data

Click onto the Data specified icon and use the Delete key. You will be required to make sure that you need to remove out the keys; say yes. You can now get exit from the Regedit program and restart the Word application and check the efficiency .

johnmichle515 Guest

Hi !

This error message is normally occur when you attempts to use global template , that name is Normal.dot.

Word documents have a specific file format that is different from the Word template file format.

For more :: http://support.microsoft.com

Thanks

I have applied the solution given by you in the previous post, but after navigating 12.0 directory structure and then navigating Word directory structure, I am not getting any "Data" file there . Only a file entitled as "Wizards." should I remove the Wizards file?

Or, Within 11.0 and then Word a "Data" file. Should I remove this very Data file? Please help me ! The winword.exe error is damaging little bit for my word documents and outlook email messages quickly.

idea Re: APP CRASH in WINWORD.EXE

I had same problem after some windows update so I uninstalled the updates and fixed the problem.Now I can save word files in PDF format but before it was not possible.