Thread: Is it possible to dump WMV 12 and reinstall the old WMV 11 in windows 7

Is it possible to dump WMV 12 and reinstall the old WMV 11 in windows 7

Does it is possible to dump windows media player 12 and put back windows media player 11. Does the same is possible or not. I don't Media player 12 because it is not working fine and it is also not finding my portable drives. I was happy with Windows Media Player 11 and its minimal features. My portbale video players was also found in the same. Thanks.

Re: Is it possible to dump WMV 12 and reinstall the old WMV 11 in windows 7

It is possible to turn off the same from Windows features. From there you can remove the tick from Windows Media Player. Then give ok and check back again. You can go in control panel for that. There are some bugs in the same. Try to some restore points if that work. Usually you can use Windows Media player Classic for this. You can download that manually.

WMP 12 is available only with the beta of seven. Based on our beta test provided in seven, Microsoft will make its beta for all others. The Windows Player 12 version also gives has some problem with the length of songs. The Windows Media Player 12 is currently available only for Windows 7 that it is stupid version. It would seem that when Windows 7 will have its final version, it will be available in update to Vista, so take advantage of Windows Media Player 12.

Infact I have Windows 7 and Windows Media Player 12 but it told me that to connect my PC to my PlayStation 3. I download the install but it didn't work and I wanted to watch a movie using windows media player 12 and the following message appears The windows media player is not installed properly and must be reinstalled and below. I want to put you to install from the microsoft website.

I really understand what you said, WMP 12 on Windows 7 RC and RTM except it is less developed on the release version of Windows. It was also possible to download the same from the Microsoft Site. The issue with this is that it is quiet buggy. You might need to use the vlc player or any other media player for that.

Since my laptop to my MP3 player usually does not recognize, do I downgrade my Windows Media Player 11 to Windows Media Player 10. It works but unfortunately not a direct install of Windows Media Player 10 on the newer version, or a Roll Back the settings back again. Usually it is not possible but you may try the same by customizing the options or tweaking the same.

Right click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager. Under Portable Players would be the MP3 player is now displayed with a yellow symbol, because the driver did not I like Windows XP does not recognize. Right click on the player and Remove and confirm. Then Remove the player from the USB slot pull off and then close all programs. Then run Windows Media Player 11.