Thread: Disable Libraries/Favourites in Open/Save dialog for RDS users

Disable Libraries/Favourites in Open/Save dialog for RDS users

I am going to make it disable the 2008R2 Libraries and Favourites feature displaying up within the Open/Save dialog boxes in a RemoteApp application. I have tried entire reg hacks advised by the google , and they moves feasible within a complete RDS desktop but as soon as you move to save something within the RemoteApp the users get the Libraries and Favorites.I have tried with a bunch of reg resolutions.

At the end of whole task , all I need to view my users within the mapped drives. It should be the problem affecting heaps of user as the same thing will crop up with any Citrix build on R2.

Re: Disable Libraries/Favourites in Open/Save dialog for RDS users

I am not sure that if I get the requirements right. You are able to make disable the access privileges to the directory/files via AppLocker (secpol.msc). You are able to issue a new rule till the Wfolder location . So, you can allow the accessibility except for the users (from that you are opening with the remote application ). When user who are not having the privileges to launch the RemoteApp, as you are not running with the proper accessibility on such type of directories that you will not be able to get and will get an Access Denied error mesage .

Hi Marthaz ,

No, Actually you have not get the requirements. I am running with an RDS farm which I am just publishing the RemoteApp with the same. When users launch the RemoteApp and move to save the file, they receives the standard Open/Save dialog box that is within the folders pane to the left displays Libraries, Favourites, Computer and Network. There is a GPO which facilitates me to hide the Network but there us no this type of configuration to hide the Libraries and Favourites stuff .

I got a registry key which makes able to hide the favorite from the Windows Explorer. We do not suggest you to go for the modification of the registry, you need to have the backup of the sub-key before deleting this out :

1. On the server that you need to disable the Favorite, open up the Registry Editor (regedit.exe)

2. Move to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}

3. Make the backup of the key specified {031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5} .

4. Remove the following {031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}.

5. Check if the Library has been removed from Windows Explorer and Save As window.

Hello Mundito,
    I am just querying that do you have any idea about the method through which I can hide the Libraries from the Save/Open dialog box in the application? This is not the problem related to the RemoteApp - it is just affecting the application that I am publishing with the RemoteApp. I am able to hide the libraries with the help of Explorer and reg hacks - but they are not actually not seems hidden in the application .