Thread: Where are Photo Screensaver settings saved ?

Where are Photo Screensaver settings saved ?

I require to programatically configure the settings for the Photo Screen-saver. The registry keys implemented within the Windows Vista no longer established in the Windows 7. I tried working with the directory with an uncommon directory name to point the Photo Screen saver . So that it would be simple to find out within the registry. When I perform the registry search, the folder name cannot be found. Maybe it is described into the settings file somewhere instead of describing into the registry ?

The settings that I need to be able to change are as follows :

Implement the images from: (you open the folder which stores your pictures)
    Slide show speed: (reset the transition speed of the images specified)
    Shuffle images: (I need to be able to check this box so the images shown up in the random manner)

Re: Where are Photo Screensaver settings saved ?

This is here :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Photo Viewer\Slideshow\Screensaver

In three various values identified as EncryptedPIDL, Speed and Shuffle. The directory location stored within an encrypted form such as below:

FAAfUOBP0CDqOmkQotgIACswMJ0ZAC9EOlwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUAAx
    AAAAAABIPOZmEABCYWNrdXAAADoACAAEAO++OzzobEg85mYqAAAAliIAAAAABAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEIAYQBjAGsAdQBwAAAAFgBGADEAAAAAAEc8R1EQAEltZwA0
    AAgABADvvjs8YzVHPEdRKgAAAKQiAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABJAG0AZwAA
    ABIAAAA=

One more thing note that there are a some other configuration located as below. These are the similar as Windows Vista:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\SCRNSAVE.EXE
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\ScreenSaveActive
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\ScreenSaverIsSecure
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\ScreenSaveTimeout

I have configured entire thing that the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\SCRNSAVE.EXE does not going to be overwritten when the values specified is available within the the default user registry . When logged in as a user at initial time, this single value is not being configured for some causes but every other configuration is implemented . I am running with the manual selection of images as my screen-saver after all it is configured properly in the default user registry . After performing all that, the images screen-saver is already located to the location of my custom folder having our images..

Hi guys ! We are running with the similar requirement , but in the current situation, we will require to update the registry keys through the written C# program (running within the "kiosk mode" on the system ). My query is related to the EncryptedPIDL value: if we use to configure the same through the C#, will it "automatically" get encrypted (unable to imagine that it would). If not, what is the actual method to encrypt the directory location before saving this ? What is the screen-saver needed to get in that value?

I would suggest you to go for setting that value with the help of Windows 7 and then export the registry key. From there you should be capable to work with the command line argument from C# which can be able to run the REG IMPORT as a DOS batch command for the procedure of importing of your custom key. I am not completely sure about the C# but I am sure that I can execute the REG IMPORT with the help of VBScript. I would expect that there is a method to perform the same through the C# as well.

I have used this many different methods working with the Reg Add exporting it from Regedit and there is no matter what I use the location which is never gets configured . Even with the same location on two another system, the value would be different. Do you have any idea about any API that can be able to call to configure this in appropriate manner. The value for EncryptedPIDL is different between the two system and importing the same between the system and does not change the location at all.