Thread: Changing Login Background Image on Windows 7 Starter Edition

Changing Login Background Image on Windows 7 Starter Edition

Do you have any idea or any method through which I can change the desktop wallpaper running with Windows 7 Starter Edition? I needed to do the same on my new netbook, just to search out that I am not getting any "Customize" option within the control panel. Microsoft obviously needs to have the netbook users rather rigidly from configuring their systems. It is not even possible to modify the images itself within the location specified as C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows\ directory, due to lack of permissions . From what I can suggest only the user "Trusted Installer" would have proper privileges to do such type of task...

Re: Changing Login Background Image on Windows 7 Starter Edition

I have a program which is officially introduced and you can be able to download that and easily change your background. The suggestion to work with that program :

• Finish the downloading of the same from google search and save it on your system.
    • Click on the downloaded application and then Yes on the security alert.
    • Click on the Browse, Now choose the image which you need to make your background.
    • Click on the OK button .
    • Then after click on the Apply button .
    • Exit from the application.
    • Log out and log back again.

You have completely changed your background on the Windows 7 Starter!

You have to also perform some privileges related operation and this will make your task little bit easy to do . You have to resetting the permissions for the specified file and overwriting will not be feasible in this case , as shell32.dll contains the code that compares the image with the SHA-256 hash. The only option different than tampering with the files yourself within a hex editor is working with the Stardock MyColors, after all you have to use an complete themes.

You are absolutely suggesting fine regarding the reconfiguration of the permissions. I have used this one and controlled to overwrite the wallpaper, just to terminate up with the black desktop background. This is bad luck, changing the wallpaper with myColor is not going feasible in well manner. I can do the same, if I apply a proper theme for entire specified icons and design the components within the windows environment . Applying just a single wallpaper doesn't make any effect.Where as, I can select between the free distributed themes from myColor or the standard Windows set.

One of the easiest procedure is that you are able to do what would be recently bought a Windows Anytime Upgrade package from Microsoft.Just for $79 USD, you can take your starter edition and come up with this up to Home Premium without running to finish a proper installation of the components. You should then have a much better experience with the Windows 7 and not have to muck around in the registry or get frustrated because you are unable to do something.

Thank you very much for the help about the Anytime Upgrade. But as a student, the money $80 are quite a lot for the functionality for which I am just searching right now . Currently , I am in the same way and so curious about some different and effective solution for this . But one thing should be considered if I run into more limitations of such type of issues .