Thread: No titles displayed in Detail view in Windows Explorer

No titles displayed in Detail view in Windows Explorer

The below described pertains to Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and Windows XP Professional 32-bit.

Within the Windows Explorer, when getting the file listed within the 'detail' view, you are able to also associate the 'title' attribute for show by making right-clicking onto the attribute bar above the file list. After all, within the Windows 7, there are no titles are show within the PDF files which have the information that were shown within the Windows XP. One more thing, if the file properties are shown, the PDF tab is invisible.

Re: No titles displayed in Detail view in Windows Explorer

I am not with the Microsoft; a user who may be helpful for you regarding some points . I am sure that it seems as very odd , but have you deleted the Windows Media Player component tagged ? If you are running with the same then can you try on one system re-installation of Windows Media Player and find out if your titles are reflecting back? The causes for this is to say that is because there are number of users work with the third party music players have the issues getting titles of music files within the Explorer and they state that the capability to see the title section of those files reflects back within the Explorer if they perform the reinstallation either Windows Media Player or few of third party applications that extracts the metadata.

This is actually not associated with the Media player, or anything to go ahead with the music files. It is related to the Windows Explorer stuff as well.

On other hand ,there is nothing has been deleted from my Windows 7 Pro installation procedure . It is a clean and properly updated with the Windows 7 Pro installation . For seeing , what I am referring to, you will require to directly match up the results evaluated with Windows XP and Windows 7 for the following.

Move to the Windows Explorer, change to the "detail" view and then after make a right-click on the attribute bar specified (Name, Date Modified, Type, Size and several things are shown ), and the choose/check "title" from the popup list.

I always work with the environment of Detail view. I recently finished the downloading of z/OS V1R11.0 Communications Server ACF/TAP Trace Analysis Handbook to an windows XP system and it does not display the title within the Title column with the Detail view.

Is that seems as file variations ? Can you provide me the name of the file on which the page where you got the Title within the Title column in Detail view running on a Windows XP box ?

I am running with the installation of both, Windows XP system and Windows 7 system. I keep the Windows XP system with the proper updated which is officially issued (will do the same with the Windows 7 also but it is so new).

For years, I have worked with the Title column/attribute within the detailed view of the File Explorer, just as above suggestions explained by the members . For my entire PDF and Office files and my default view continuously contains with the title in and it shows just right after the filename. This facilitates me to have my filenames with the minimum character length and is so necessary, capability. Before this month, the specified feature stopped functioning at all.

I am running with the same issue as above explained and moved here as I was searching for a fix specified . The following is valid for the Windows XP SP3, but according to me, it will also apply for Windows 7:

What I recently discovered while performing some testing with the pdf files properties and the Windows xp explorer. There are two separate tags implemented onto the pdf files: pdf file properties, and file details.

Pdf properties are only available onto the pdf files, while file information are available on every file type, including pdf files. Commonly, windows explorer will show the file information onto the absolute column, as long as you choose that information to be shown by making right click on the same .