Thread: Microsoft WORD Slow in opening

Microsoft WORD Slow in opening

I am using Microsoft Office 2007. When I am opening a document in Word it is taking around 45 seconds. I am using this for long time and the files which I am trying opening are very small in size. It is working fine on another the problem is only on my pc. I am using Windows 7 and I had purchased Office 2007 last month. I have 2 GB Ram which is I think enough for system to work well.

Re: Microsoft WORD Slow in opening

Do this one thing, search for Normal.dot file in your computer. You can find that in Windows drive. Once you find that then delete it and reboot your entire system. Then start office and open the file. If this solution does not work then you can do other thing. Go to Help and then click on Detect and Repair. After that open the file again.

I was having the same issue. I had removed normal.dot but that does not helped much. There is also not much done by Detect and Repair.Then I noticed that my antivirus was the issue behind this. I am using Norton. When I open my file it takes around 30 minutes to open a File. I disabled my antivirus for sometime and it started working faster.

Try to use AVG Antivirus Free Edition which is a lite one and it does slow down your pc. I am using Office 2003 and it was very slow at startup and for that I am trying to remove normal.dot. When I try to open after that it worked very fast. You can also try to re-install office for improving the performance of your application.

Try to re-install the same. That is the best option. One thing you can try is that look for some updates for the office application. Run automatic updates and then check back. You can also try to run system restore. This will give back your old settings and I hope that your Office will work smoother. Microsoft has released Office 2010 beta. Upgrade to that.

There is option where you can re-install only Microsoft Word. But that can be done by using the installation of the same. Insert the Office installation Cd and then click on Customize. Then choose only Word from that. For that you will have to right click on every option and select not available leaving Word. Then click next and run the setup.

The one thing I will recommend you for that is disabling your security settings in your system. There are some antivirus software that blocks the opening of file. Whenever you open a file the applications scan the document for virus and macros. So try to disable the same and then check back it. Disable the same for sometime and then check.