Thread: Computer staying stuck on boot screen

Computer staying stuck on boot screen

My problem: Yesterday my system caught a virus (immon.exe) which has been eradicated from the safe mode but since this morning when I started my pc, it gets stuck on boot screen during startup. How can i get this problem resolved. I need help !!!!!!!! Configuration: Acer aspire Windows 7. Any help in this matter would be appreciated heavily.

Re: Computer staying stuck on boot screen

I would suggest you to try to start your computer in the safe mode you can try it in the safe mode by hitting the f8 key while as soon as you start the computer then you will see a menu on the blue screen which will have a number of options including the safe mode try the safe mode if this does not work then you can select the safe mode with networking. If this fails too then i would advice you to format your system. Hope that this will help you.

I have the same problem on my ACER. I just get information from my dealer, I advocated back up all my important files on an external hard drive, then empty the internal memory by formatting the hard drive and then reinstall all my programs. According to the dealer , it would be necessary to do format every 2 months which seems very difficult and we must surely take some precautions to avoid losing some files (called "facilities").

Windows could not start, a recent change in hardware or software could be the cause of the incident. If windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, Startup Repair Tool can help you identify and correct the problem. in case of power failure during startup, choose start windows normally. Launch the tool system startup (recommended) and start windows normally. This should help you

I had this problem too so i restored the pc with the dvd I had done but when i restart the pc or it takes 4 minutes to start and it gives me the message error recovery. I click on start windows normally but it takes forever to restart it ought to do more than I restored the PC again. Finally desperation led me to uninstall the Norton antvirus application which to my surprise fixed this problem. Hope that this will help me you to resolve the issue.