Thread: Sharepoint alert messages don't open in hotmail

Sharepoint alert messages don't open in hotmail

I am having an issue with the opening of the Sharepoint alert mail in the Hotmail. I am registered with the Sharepoint portal and getting the alert mail from there but the problem is that while i am opening the mail it say loading but never display the message. So if any one can explain this to me then i can work with the same issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Sharepoint alert messages don't open in hotmail

This could be the browser issue. Which browser you are using with the hotmail? As most of the user facing this problem with the Internet explorer. If you wanted to work with the same then i will advise you to use the Mozilla Firefox browser which is having ability to work with the same. You will get the Sharepoint alert open on the Firefox browser.

First let me know which browser you are using and getting this issue. As
    i have review about the problem the problem is seem only in the Internet Explorer 7 and not any other version of the Internet explorer.Internet explorer 8 is not having any issue with the Sharepoint Alert Message. So if you like then go through the same.

I think that the Hotmail site is not in the list of the trusted site that is why you are getting the issue with the same. If you can then go through the browser internet option and there enter the hotmail.com in the list of the trusted site which might resolve the issue which you are getting. So try this out and see whether it is working or not.

If nothing is working for you and you are still going through the problem related to the Sharepoint then i will advise you to contact the Windows Live community where you will get the proper response regarding the same. As there are support available 24 hour which can help you with the problem of yours. Thanks.

I have got the solution for same. Actually the problem is related to the IIS which need to be set with the basic authentication as it is set as the Integrated Windows authentication. To change the authentication you have to get onto the IIS Manager. Just right click on the Sharepoint and go to the properties and uncheck the Integrated Windows Authentication and select the Basic authentication.

I have searched regarding the query of yours which you have asked and let me tell you that after going through the same here i am explaining the detail regarding the working of the same which will work with the issue of the Sharepoint.
    • Click Start
    • Go to Search
    • Type IIS manager and hit enter
    • Right Click on Sharepoint web application
    • Select Properties
    • Go to Directory Security tab
    • Go to Authentication and access control section
    • Click on Edit
    • Uncheck the Integrated Windows authentication
    • Check Basic authentication
    • Click on OK