Thread: Recording problem

Recording problem

Hello! I have a big problem. I am a guitarist, so I bought some softwares to record what I play. I bought Sony Forge Pro 10.0 and Audition 3.0 and downloaded Audacity 1.3 BUT!! I got a regular 5$ microphone u.u Anyway, the thing is that when I record, and I make a long sound, I later discover that that sound only lasts for 1 second and then it is almost impossible to be heard(doesn't happen with audacity). And after configuring the software so that I can record it properly, I cannot even play what I recorded. Even more! I cannot hear anything on any program in my pc! No windows media, no internet sounds, and no windows sounds! (this happens with the three softwares)

I have an HP 550 Notebook 1.8 GHz Dual Core Processor and 2GB of RAM memory. And I use windows vista home basic.

Another thing that should be considered, is that when I start recording, there is a sound that is played. Like a piano, or something like that, and only lasts for a second, and then stops and then the software starts recording. It wasn't like that before, I don't know what happened.

Please help!

Re: Recording problem

Do a null test (search on it if you don't know what I'm talking about) on the Audition and Sound Forge files and see if the files match. If they don't then something is broken as there is no reason for the programs to record audio differently. In case null testing is the same as blind / ABX testing, have a look here.

Re: Recording problem

Ahm, maybe this will make it a bit more clear. I also have that problem when I use the windows vista recorder, the loud sound at the beginning and then, after a couple of recordings, the sound dissappears in every application. Nothing at all is able to do a sound and I have to restart my pc to have sound again. Also happens when I have a webcam conversation through messenger.

And, I do not know if it may be related to this but, every time I start Windows, a message appears telling me that windows wasn't able to find a dll file. I think it is...sshnas21.dll.

Maybe those are two different problems... this is making me hate vista... please help :/